Is this a good deal on a 2007 FZ6?

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
so i found this blue FZ6 in my area for 3800 it has 4750 miles on it and its pretty clean from what i can tell. plus it comes with a few extras like a tank bag, gloves, and jacket.

i would really like to haggle him down more but i cant really see how since the bike is pretty damn clean, the only thing he said is ifffy on it is the exhaust discoloration but that's normal. any ideas?

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds pretty reasonable. I think it comes down to the market your in. Living in a climate that experiences all four seasons, I don't know if I can give you much help. You may try to get down to $3500 w/ the gear, but any lower than that and you're just insulting him.

Make an offer and be respectful. Maybe offer him $3300-3400 w/o the accessories. I'm not a big fan of buying other people's protective gear. If it's a dead-on fit for your body, it might be fine. But make sure you get the right gear and not just what the previous owner of your bike happened to have. Good luck!

C

CoolATIGuy

nadaguides.com:

Low Retail: $3,735
Average Retail: $4,915

kbb.com:

Trade-In Value (Good condition): $2,620
Retail Value (Excellent condition): $3,830

Private Party prob somewhere between Trade-In and Retail

2007 expected mileage for 600 cc: 8340 miles

So lower miles than average, but not counting accessories I'd still try to talk him down. I don't consider it an insult to negotiate, if you're being honest and polite.

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it (think gold - its value is only what people place on it) - if he's more desperate to sell, a buyer on site can be worth more than a higher offer that turns into a no-show.

You might be able to get down to $3000 or $2800, but that all depends on his motivation, etc - prob more like $3200-$3300 on the low end though. I'd say $3500 is a safe bet though.

The tank bag and gloves prob aren't worth that much compared to the bike, it's up to you to put a value on the jacket since we don't know it's make/model/condition.

Rule #1: WALK AWAY POWER! There are a bazillion motorcycles for sale - you'll be 100x more likely to pay $3800 for this one if you start naming it before it's yours. :)

Good luck!

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my 2007 back in april with a little over 2000 miles on it for $4k. It has Scorpion pipes and a smaller front sprocket though, as well as a tankbag that came with it. Was in flawless condition. Hope this helps ya :)

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
ill be sure to let you guys know. but one question njust came to mind:

how much should i really rely on KBB for the value of the bike?

I dont wanna show up with the KBB vaules and be told off that those are wrong and then have nothing to talk him down with...

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
there was a 07 locally with 3K miles on it, for $2700 obo... it was gone in 3 hours, very good deal even with scratched (low speed lowside) plastics.

i paid the same for my fz as i did my drz... i can't complain they're both incredible machines. :)