Is there something wrong with my fairing?

oldtimer

Oh Noes!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone tell me if there's something seriously wrong with my fairing. I just noticed the left side's inner fairing is closer to the tank than my right side's inner fairing. It's so close that I think it's rubbing on the tank..

Which side has the correct gapping? Left or Right?

This is a 2008 by the way

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if there's something seriously wrong with my fairing. I just noticed the left side's inner fairing is closer to the tank than my right side's inner fairing. It's so close that I think it's rubbing on the tank..

I just looked at mine and they are spaced equally. You may want to check the mounting points and make sure no bolts or fasteners fell out.

I just looked at mine and they are spaced equally. You may want to check the mounting points and make sure no bolts or fasteners fell out.

****. Everything looks snug and tight. :(

Which gap looks more like your bike? the right or left?

Last edited:
Looks like your fairing stay is bent. Did you drop the bike or did they drop at the dealer?

Looks like your fairing stay is bent. Did you drop the bike or did they drop at the dealer?

I've dropped the bike on the right side before. Wish I knew where the fairing stay is. I've checked the mounting points and they all look okay.

Pull that inner fairing peice off and bend the little bracket out a bit farther than it is. It was probably pushed in a little.

Well - I can tell you that this brace is a heavy duty brace and there's no bending this one from a small drop.

First picture is from top looking down.

Second picture is side view from the right side.

Last edited:
Pull that inner fairing peice off and bend the little bracket out a bit farther than it is. It was probably pushed in a little.

By dropping it on the right side it may have bent the mounting points to the left slightly

Are you two talking about this mounting bracket?

So I tried hard to bend it and I bent it a little. I managed to close the gap on the right-side, but it still doesn't match the left side. I stopped bending it because it was becoming harder to line up the plastic fairing hole to the mounting bracket hole. In fact, it felt like I was putting a little too much stress on the plastic fairing, so I backed it off a little. Maybe over time I can get it to bend to the proper position or maybe I'll just buy a replacement bracket.

Last edited:
Ok I could be wrong. Mine was bent and did exactly what you are describing. Its not really a heavy duty piece. Its mild steel. Hope you get it figured out man.

Ok I could be wrong. Mine was bent and did exactly what you are describing. Its not really a heavy duty piece. Its mild steel. Hope you get it figured out man.

I looked at the bracket and it "looks" straight, but I did try to give it a little push. The bike started moving, so I stopped pushing on it. I'm hoping it's more likely the bracket from two posts up.

Back