Is it ever gonna stop raining!!??

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Getting pretty sick and tired of showing up to work soaked and then getting home soaked. Pretty sure it has rained more days than it has not rained so far this month in NY..sickening!

When did April become May???

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to Fred Meyer or some sporting goods store and buy a poncho set. I spent $25 on a Coleman set and stay bone dry. It's not the best for riding (material is pretty thin and tears easily) but it works. Just make sure to get a larger size than you usually wear to account for the gear. I got XL and usually wear M.
A guy that used to ride the same ferry as me wore waders, which is actually a realy good idea because they go up to your chest.
They sell plenty of rain gear on the cheap online, too. I have no idea why it's so damn expensive in a B&M store.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I may have to invest in some rain gear even if it is the cheap stuff. This getting to work wet thing is wearing thin..

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hopefully tomorrow will be good only 30% chance of rain in yonkers...i got the xelement 2 peice rain suit for like $35 on leather up...only used it once and i kept me dry from the rain but wet from sweating..it like wearing a sauna suit lol

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been wet in VA for 48 hours now. I'm sick of not riding but I have 2 perfectly good cages and a 10 minute commute so I don't ride in the rain as it's an unnecessary risk.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
It legit feels like it has rained every day this month sans this past weekend! Riding to work on my bike is my only way to get to work other than taking the Metro North RR which takes twice as long and is super expensive. I'll take riding in the rain over that rubbish unless its a monsoon.

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Washington has had some odd spring weather this year. Most of April and May have consisted of either rainy or just wet weekdays with gorgeous weekends. The last two weeks were great. Now we're back to crap clearing to nice just in time for the Memorial Day weekend.

Dougie

Reaction score
Visit site
Getting pretty sick and tired of showing up to work soaked and then getting home soaked. Pretty sure it has rained more days than it has not rained so far this month in NY..sickening!

When did April become May???
Lmao.....try staying in Scotland,last year we had SNOW in MAY.....and im not talking the Highlands,im talking Edinburgh:BLAA:

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
It's been wet in VA for 48 hours now. I'm sick of not riding but I have 2 perfectly good cages and a 10 minute commute so I don't ride in the rain as it's an unnecessary risk.

I would encourage to ride in any weather - just get the right gear.
Experience gained - priceless. You never know what Mother Nature will throw onto you on the road so the more experience you have with different riding conditions the better.
As soon as snow is almost off the roads - I ride and use my cage only when taking dogs to the forest or if I need to haul stuff. I even do my groceries on the bike most of the time.
And this year I am seriously considering purchasing something like Yamaha WR250X to perhaps extend riding to all year round.

Airplnmech

Reaction score
Visit site
Just spent a week on the week on the bike on the blue ridge/Skyline parkway. Rained all but two days. :( Five years of drought down here and it just had to break on my trip.

D

Dave.TX

Was wondering where you were that had rain. Wish it would rain here in Texas. Lakes are still low after last years' drought and 90+ days over 100 degrees. I'll trade a week of riding for some rain.

Dougie

Reaction score
Visit site
Was wondering where you were that had rain. Wish it would rain here in Texas. Lakes are still low after last years' drought and 90+ days over 100 degrees. I'll trade a week of riding for some rain.
Hope you get it soon m8,its one thing not getting the bikes out due to weather but pales in comparison to a whole state suffering economically etc because you dont get enough....

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
The plight continues. Rode home in the rain yesterday and rode to work in the rain this morning yet again. Getting pretty fed up..