iPhone 4S mount

jcombs

One day at a time...
Reaction score
www.jaredsbook.com
I've searched the internet for a mount for my iPhone 4S on my FZ6 to no avail. I bought the Dynolicious app and I'm chomping at the bit to use it. Also I'd like to video some while riding.
My iPhone has an Otterbox Defender case on it so it would have to fit that as well. If you have pics or recommendations I'd love to hear from you.

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

jcombs

One day at a time...
Reaction score
www.jaredsbook.com
So do you need to buy the 'arm' as well then for that one? Does the arm that attaches to the handlebar come separate?

Last edited:

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So do you need to buy the 'arm' as well then for that one? Does the arm that attaches to the handlebar come separate?

Yes, you would need to buy a mounting ball, to attach wherever you would like, I have seen it done a few ways on here. And then you would also need an arm, they actually come in different lengths. Below are some links for you to look at.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Portals/0/Skins/NationalProducts/pdf/buildmotorcycle.pdf

Bases
Motorcycle Components Breakdown

Arms
Motorcycle Component Arms

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have the Otterbox defender case for my Iphone 4. All I do is put a bungee cord around my handle bars and then I put the belt clip on the bungee cord. Works like a charm and doesn't cost a thing.

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I also have the Otterbox defender case for my Iphone 4. All I do is put a bungee cord around my handle bars and then I put the belt clip on the bungee cord. Works like a charm and doesn't cost a thing.

Do you have a picture of how you do this??

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the best picture I have at the moment. If you look closely at my handle bars you can see my set up. I'm out of town and away from my bike right now. If anyone would like I can take a better picture when I get home on Saturday.

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I've searched the internet for a mount for my iPhone 4S on my FZ6 to no avail. I bought the Dynolicious app and I'm chomping at the bit to use it. Also I'd like to video some while riding.
My iPhone has an Otterbox Defender case on it so it would have to fit that as well. If you have pics or recommendations I'd love to hear from you.

I personally have a different step up that attaches to my tank bag, but the below option looks great. You have to buy the mounting system seperately though. Find the mounting options at the bottom of the page.

Biologic Waterproof iPhone Case for Motorcycles
Biologic Waterproof iPhone Case for Motorcycles - GPS.00.646.20000.B : TwistedThrottle.com

iphonecase.jpg

iphonecs1.jpg

Last edited:

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
gocMxl.jpg

There's the ram mount finger set up. I got mine from Mounting Innovations Menu , it's working well so far. I was planning on jimmy-rigging something up with the otterbox belt clip as well but instead just decided to go with this. I use it for music etc. daily, and will be using the gps on trips, so I wanted to have something adjustable and hassle free.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about mounting my iPhone with that RAM finger setup, but GPScity.com warned that it isn't suitable for use on a motorcycle like the standard cradle mounts RAM offers so I'm still on the fence about it. My Nuvi works fine but it would be nice to use my iPhone instead for Bluetooth navigation and music.

Also, I've been researching using conductive thread so I can actually use my iPhones screen with gloves on if i decide to switch. Check this out- http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-A-Glove-Work-With-A-Touch-Screen/?f=m

Not sure if it would sacrifice the integrity of the glove but it seems pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about mounting my iPhone with that RAM finger setup, but GPScity.com warned that it isn't suitable for use on a motorcycle like the standard cradle mounts RAM offers so I'm still on the fence about it. My Nuvi works fine but it would be nice to use my iPhone instead for Bluetooth navigation and music.

Also, I've been researching using conductive thread so I can actually use my iPhones screen with gloves on if i decide to switch. Check this out- Making A Glove Work With A Touch Screen

Not sure if it would sacrifice the integrity of the glove but it seems pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought some of this thread from adafruit, I'm going to be sewing it into some gloves today actually to see how it is.

On that note, their minimum order was 85 feet, so I have some extra and wouldn't mind mailing it to anyone who needs some.

jcombs, how strong is the grip with the x mount? I was worried it would be too weak.

Edit: After an hour of sewing, very annoying sewing because my gloves hate flipping inside out and back, I now have a little area on my fingertip that the screen reacts to about 1/10 times maybe. I might try again with some thread in another place, but I think I'm going to see what my other options are too. I heard that processor heatsink putty works too.

Last edited: