Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think the message is for car drivers..we get a lot of these during our commercial breaks too..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr17Dv7wN9Q]YouTube - Think - Bike Awareness Ad[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOe4w1cvQc&feature=PlayList&p=50EAB105C6179918&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=63]YouTube - Think - Clear View (UK)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXsFjlOuVE]YouTube - 1999 Mirror bike - Now you see him road safety advert[/ame]

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
This picture was taken today on a NorCal highway...

P2100355.jpg

Caltrans needs to clean that crap off the side of the freeway (heh, heh). And oh, about that signage---maybe would've better (or the same?) to say "double check" for motorcyclists. Anyway, on another note--no, I didn't get it and therefore can't post the pic--, upon entering Reno, NV during its huge summer "Street Vibrations" (because Harleys are huge rattle traps?) the electronic freeway billboards read: "Riders: NO lane spliting in NV" (or similar verbage).

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
This sign always bugged me.
t_577_01.jpg

Do we need to be told that ice only forms in cold weather?

I think the point they are trying to make is that when ice forms, it will form on a bridge long before it forms on a regular section of road due to the fact that a bridge is surrounded by cold air on all sides, not just on top of the road. But yes, this should be common knowledge either way.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
I would change it to read:

Drive safely
Look twice for motorcycles

And then change the safety tip each day to run through a list:

Day two ...

Drive safely
Don't text

Etc.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site

Just goes to show you how people here in CA are a bunch of whiny little cry-babies. Like the dude that said in the article how he has "enough to look out for", and apparently can't be bothered to look twice, especially for moto's that are weaving in and out of lanes. Translation : I'm a lazy douche who can't be bothered to pay attention, and can't admit I have zero reaction time, and things that move "fast" scare me, and it's everybody else's fault. But these same douches will practically kill themselves and everybody else behind them to avoid hitting a squirrel, and to weave miles around a bicyclist that's nowhere near them. It's ok to run lights and stop signs on a bicycle, and hold up traffic on one, but moto's changing lanes and lane splitting? Oh noooo, can't have that! All the times I've nearly been killed/hit, I was just cruising along in one lane for miles. These people just don't want to admit that THEY are at fault, and that THEY don't want to pay attention to anything while driving, other than cell phones, friends in the car, stereos, make-up, shaving, reading, sleeping, zoning out, bicycles, and squirrels. Oh, and anything that can be seen on the side of the road. As long it doesn't concern their driving, it's priority(except pulling out of driveways and merging, then it's everybody get-of-my-way-I-don't-care-who's-in-the-lane-when-I-pull-out). End Rant

Anyone wanna trade states?

Last edited: