Intercom Advice

rasc51

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys i need some advice...i want to get some pilot- passenger intercom, what do you recommend for a FZ6/2007 . Full Helmelt. Thanks in Advance.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have looked into this and think that Starcom1 is a good buy.

StarCom1 Motorcycle intercom helmet audio communication system bluetooth

There are a lot of variations to Starcom but they all sound good in tests up to 100mph. They are voice activated so your hands stay on the bars.

I have just been extremely lucky to get a second hand Starcom Advanced for 20 pounds...40 dollarsfrom E bay.

Steve

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I have both Autocom, and Chatterbox communications. The Autocom is by far the more sophicasted piece of equipment. It allows me to plug in my GPS, phone and ipod. It works great and I would recommend it to anyone. The Chatterbox is your basic communication devise. When I used it on a ride I could hear everything the guys were saying, but they couldn't understand anything I was saying at speeds over 40mph. I chose to install this on my MX helmet and use it for dirt riding.

enjoytheride68

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I have tried several brands, the autocom is second to none (my opinion). We have never had a problem with the system. Use it in rain, freezing weather, and you can add accessories to it. It is a bit expensive but it will last. The tech support is great also. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do these work with wind noise? My Buell lid is kinda cheap and noisey. Does one need a better helmet to make this work?

Whitey Dodge

Reaction score
sport-touring.org
How do these work with wind noise? My Buell lid is kinda cheap and noisey. Does one need a better helmet to make this work?

My Starcom works well in wind noise. Communicating with my wife is very clear, even at speeds beyond legal. This is of course on a closed track, never on a public highway...

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the J&M intercom system mounted up on my bike. I put in on before my florida trip this past spring so that my girl friend and I could communicate and since it is also a CD radio, Jordan and I could talk to my parents on their bike. (They have the same system)

It as an auxilary hookup that uses a mini-jack, so I plug in my ipod to it and turn the volume all the way up and then control the volume to the headsets with the dial on the unit.

I was very impressed with J&M's customer support when I called them to ask them about how I should pull my parents unit apart in order to try to clean off some sort of stain that wouldnt come off the case. He told me just to send it in and they would take care of it. The replaced the case, change the mother board out to a updated one and changed all the bottons as well, free of charge! He basicly got a brand new radio for free! They really stand behind their stuff.

I have lots of pictures of my install and would be glad to help you with anything if you decide to go with it.

-bryan