Insurance pay off

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am at the possition onto what route I wanto take on the iNS payoff. Here are my options

1. Total bike and receive $4600 after the deductible.
2. Total bike and buy it back at a cost of $1500 total cash after bike buyback and deductible $2900

He gave me another option to fix the bike and said it would cost around $3500-$4100 to fix it. I don't think this price includes my 1k deductible tho.

As for the bike it's in need of pegs and rear sets. Also needs a side cover for the engine or stater. And a new oil change. That's just to get it running it will have it's battle scars tho :BLAA: . I just don't know how to check the frame to see if it bent :BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am at the possition onto what route I wanto take on the iNS payoff. Here are my options

1. Total bike and receive $4600 after the deductible.
2. Total bike and buy it back at a cost of $1500 total cash after bike buyback and deductible $2900

He gave me another option to fix the bike and said it would cost around $3500-$4100 to fix it. I don't think this price includes my 1k deductible tho.

As for the bike it's in need of pegs and rear sets. Also needs a side cover for the engine or stater. And a new oil change. That's just to get it running it will have it's battle scars tho :BLAA: . I just don't know how to check the frame to see if it bent :BLAA:

Pretty good payout. Personally, I would total the bike, take the check and buy another FZ6 in mint shape for that money :D

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
As much as I love my (in my current position) If I had your option I would total it and look into used FZ1 or ninja 1000 depending on finances. But thats only because I want to upgrade to a 1000.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Take the money and run. Okay FZ6 aren't bad it just rolled off my tongue.

You can get a very nice, used FZ1 for $4,600 or less. The Fall/Winter is a great time to buy.

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

Sounds like taking the money is the best deal. You'll also be ready to get a bike on the road right away too instead of waiting for the old one to get repaired. I'm with Hellgate, would also upgrade to an FZ1 with that opportunity.

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 does seem tempting but i don't think i am ready for it, plus the insurance on a liter bike will be expensive. I cant seem to think of another bike that will fit my style of riding, commuter/twisties. i think i am just going to get rid of it that way i can just find another one, "if My wife lets me" :ban:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, just get another one as who knows what else might be damaged on your crashed bike.
Did you get the police report straightened out to reflect what really happened??

Jerry

No that A hole gave me a ticket on top of that for what most of you guys already know, now i have to go to court. Being a Mexican is not always great when it comes to these type of things. I am currently working on it so that i don't get the short end of the stick anymore here in the US. This means that i will be going to my home country for a while till it gets fixed. Kinda scary :eek:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
well i took option one, they lowered my Deductible because of what happened to comprehensive so my check is $5,300 and i am still waiting for another check on my gear. the bike is gone tho :(