Installing Stebel and using stock horn too?

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Has anyone done this? I installed a stebel on my cruiser and while it was pretty easy i chucked the stock horn because it was pretty much shot. I also used the relay i got with the stebel and that puppy has lasted me a few years with 0 problems. Guess i got a good relay.

But now that i have another coming in the mail and i want to mount it to the Fazer, how would i go about using both horns at once? Whats involved with the wiring?

Thanks.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I first set mine up like that,there should be some instructions with the Stebel that shows you.

The only thing about doing it that way is when you hit the horn you here the stock horn about 1/2 a second before the Stebel goes off.No biggie but it annoyed me.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I first set mine up like that,there should be some instructions with the Stebel that shows you.

The only thing about doing it that way is when you hit the horn you here the stock horn about 1/2 a second before the Stebel goes off.No biggie but it annoyed me.

Did it annoy you enough to take the stock off im assuming? Yeah that might bug me. Plus i dont know how strange it would sound with 2 or 3 different tones actually.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
Here's the wiring view you asked about in the PM. I just used the wiring connections from the stock horn to drive the Stebel relay. You know the Stebel is plenty loud on its own.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
funny, i thought this but slightly different. i want to install a stebel but i'd like to be able to retain my current horn. i like being able to give someone a little honk as i'm going through campus to say hi. not sure that a blast from a stebel will give a gentle hello.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
funny, i thought this but slightly different. i want to install a stebel but i'd like to be able to retain my current horn. i like being able to give someone a little honk as i'm going through campus to say hi. not sure that a blast from a stebel will give a gentle hello.

Actually, if I gently depress my horn button for a split second, it only gives it a half blast. By fully depressing the horn button, the Stebel will blast away like it's suppose to do.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To Jim Karam:

How long have you had the horn on your bike mounted down there? I would have thought that rain and road crap would ruin it pretty quickly exposed like that.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
To Jim Karam:

How long have you had the horn on your bike mounted down there? I would have thought that rain and road crap would ruin it pretty quickly exposed like that.

4 years and about 15000 miles. Lots of rain in Florida, but not ever a problem. The horn is pointed parallel to the junk, so it seems quite fine.