Informational ride routes w/ video- anyone interested?

Would you buy a riding route informational DVD? (please post to say why you chose your answer)

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Would anyone be interested in buying a DVD of information on good riding destinations/routes? (NOTE: these don't exist yet- I'm trying to gauge the level of interest to see if it would be worth compiling). The DVD would include video and stills from the route including highlights, pics/videos of turns to take along the journey, recs on good eats along the way as well as view-points to hit, length of the ride, etc. It would be done in a format that would allow them to be uploaded onto a computer and also downloaded onto iPods, iPhones, etc (to make it mobile and able to be used as information when on one of the rides).

Another little note- if the interest is big enough, the DVDs would cover Washington first (Olympic Peninsula, north of Seattle, south of Seattle, Eastern Washington) and eventually branch out to neighboring states. Covering rides all across the country and into Canada as well would be the ultimate goal.

Last edited:

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would be too big of a project for one person, but a compulation of alot of favorite rides from people all over the world. If done with a format like that, I could show some intrest in a product like that.

Doc

rabernar

rabernar
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with chimneydoc - huge undertaking as a one-man job.

You may consider it as a Forum group project if you can write up the basic requirements you have in mind for content, file formats and their size limits, diagrams, text, georefs, mile markers, photos, googleEarth locators - see its already growing! ;-{) .

Then countries, regions, states/provinces can begin collecting materials for you to compile in a standard format that we download from the Forum. Could become a great library that locals keep updated for you. I'd participate for South East Texas. Good luck!