Impulse buy I don't regret...my new Weee

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I love the hell out of my fz1 but I ride it everyday and its gas milage sucks even worse now that I went -1, +1 I mean its like 25mpg with how I ride and to be honest I miss my old vs from so I went and got a new one while looking at fz-09s Lol First impressions is its more comfortable than the old one, more responsive, definitely more nimble since its not loaded down yet, and the seat omg that seat!!!! Its like making a seat out of little baby kittens that have the hands of strippers who massage your gluteus maximus while street pharmacist pump you full of heroin to not feel a thing or have a care in the world while sitting on it. My only complaint is one of my own fault, it feels so slow compared to my fz1, I was expecting it to actually feel more torquey but not it don't, it feels like my old klr dragging a anchor compared to the fz1 but that being said I'm already averaging over 50mpg so its worth it. But anyways here she is my brand new DL650
ebf76c4e8f1b2c52b2d30642a6a0e3e2.jpg
29c924506dfdd5d54691bdc27001a8a3.jpg
f2e0d9dc65b1d27f868fceb39ad3033f.jpg
c95119d810ff945fec460f8b43502fb9.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! Blah For all of the talk and benchmarking I've seen on the adventure bikes I think this bike is great! I've seen some serious riding on the Wee and people do all the things I'd like the bike to do with the bike. Yes there are better lighter bikes for dirt but that's not where this bike was aimed. If you ride the bike that impresses you better in the dirt, it will impress you much less on the open road for touring. The Wee does impress me in areas that people say it can't go that it isn't optimal for it's design. :)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly, its one of my favorite bikes for its sheer durability and ability to do many jobs well vs one job great. They are as close to a bullet proof bike as you can get imo

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats, enjoy the new ride! :rockon:

This:
omg that seat!!!! Its like making a seat out of little baby kittens that have the hands of strippers who massage your gluteus maximus while street pharmacist pump you full of heroin to not feel a thing or have a care in the world while sitting on it.
...was beautiful! :bow:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!
Last year I test rode the Vstrom 1000 at the AMA race in Millville,N J. Wasn't sure what to make of it since the only thing I had to compare it to was my fz. As I processed the ride over time, I really liked the bike. It maybe a future ride.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly, its one of my favorite bikes for its sheer durability and ability to do many jobs well vs one job great. They are as close to a bullet proof bike as you can get imo

Waiting to see the bash plate I know you'll be fabricating! Blah:rockon: