Im turning an FZ6N into a Landrover Defender

Frog

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

The time has come where my little orange 2006 FZ6n gets a bad ass new spray job and some various other small improvements. I want it to look like a Landrover Defender as they are just awesome.. we will see how that one turns out.

Going to start on Monday as Sat and Sun are riding days and I plan to empty that petrol tank before I remove it for painting.

Ordered some new black mirrors to replace the bubbly chrome standard ones.

Limited time and budget will make it a fun and creative project and great excuse to brew a fresh hot coffee and spend some down in the garage in tinkering mode learning how to pull the bike apart and back together again.

Ive only ever done simple oil changes and replaced oil and air filters and pulled all the brake calipers off and replaced the brake pads, so keen to use some “ Kiwi Ingenuity” as its called down this side of the world and figure it out learning how to do it all at the same time, again with a coffee.

Will upload some before/ doing and after pics over the next week and hopefully this thread inspires some procrastinators to get stuck in and get their hands dirty and give their FZ’s some TLC.

Cheers everyone, will keep you posted.

Frog.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya gonna end up with FZ6 turning into KLR 650?
DSCN0612.jpg

That's the Landrover Defender of motorcycles. :BLAA:

Jokes aside, not trying to discourage you by any means, and am curious to see how it turns out.

Frog

Reaction score
Visit site
Man your so right, that thing is an exploration weapon. Unfortunately the off road capabilities wont be part of the project, just love the look of the sturdy trucks.

Cheers guys!