I'm Ill.... And not with the common cold...Farkle-itis

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Farkle-itis i like to call it... much worse than the common cold....Whoever says a bike is cheaper than a car is high.... I thought like that once, then i got a bike, boy was i wrong...

I just had an argument with myself: buy an exhaust or make my payment on my bike:spank: It all seemed rational, til reality kindly walked up and slapped me in the face....just bought a new helmet (wonderful btw) and a new bike cam (also excellent). Now i'm waiting for next weeks paycheck to come to spend it on an exhaust, and the paycheck after that, saddle bags i'd expect...

I'm poor all the time but i love waiting for motorcycle related stuff to come in the mail/ups/fedex...

It's a disease! Does anyone have a cure?!?!

Anyone else infected?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
from what i hear the cure is something called a wife....wouldnt know what it is but i hear they are deadly to bikers

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was very bad too that first year. But then, suddenly, I had everything I wanted, all the mods I wanted to do, and the only purchases I've made in three years, besides gas & oil (and, today, a battery) is a new winter coat. My one-year-old coat was just fine, but solid black, and the Air Force Base decided that I needed to be more sparkly-farkly... :Flip: Bureaucrats cost me hundreds...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, after awhile I kind of slacked off some. There's isn't a whole lot left for me to change at this point. I'm buying some winter gear, heated probably, and I'm more than likely making my own exhaust for the bike. I think that's it.

I'm sure it'll start all over whenever I get my next bike. Not even sure what that'd be even.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
from what i hear the cure is something called a wife....wouldnt know what it is but i hear they are deadly to bikers

No, wives are great (get a good one) however mine has a horse. Now if you think a bike cost money let's talk. First a horse is a hay burner- eats every day whether you ride it or not. Then you have board it (nice not having it here), vet bills, horseshoeing,fly spray-then you need tack and one saddle? No way she needs two saddles, bridles, blankets, grooming supplies etc., etc. Not done yet as then you need a trailer plus a truck or suv to pull it.

Holy cow that really depressed me, guess I have to find some new farkles to cheer me up :eek:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
No, wives are great (get a good one) however mine has a horse. Now if you think a bike cost money let's talk. First a horse is a hay burner- eats every day whether you ride it or not. Then you have board it (nice not having it here), vet bills, horseshoeing,fly spray-then you need tack and one saddle? No way she needs two saddles, bridles, blankets, grooming supplies etc., etc. Not done yet as then you need a trailer plus a truck or suv to pull it.

Holy cow that really depressed me, guess I have to find some new farkles to cheer me up :eek:

That kind of reminds me how deer meat is the most expensive meat in the world, if you consider the cost of 4 wheeler, truck, gun, property, lodging on the property,prep work, cameras,feeders, freezer, etc etc etc
Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited: