I'm having a very hard time not being a smart a$$ to this person responding to my craigslist ad

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I'm very interested. I live in [city], so if I wanted to meet you, how would that work?

"I imagine that one or both of us would travel to a predetermined location, likely by means of motor vehicle and upon arrival you, the potential buyer, would determine whether you would in fact like to purchase the item that I, the seller, will have also brought with my person, at which point we would perform an exchange of goods and currency and return to our original locations."

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree...do it. Im not sure what you are selling, but if its a motor vehicle, they dont belong operating it.:thumbup:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
"I imagine that one or both of us would travel to a predetermined location, likely by means of motor vehicle and upon arrival you, the potential buyer, would determine whether you would in fact like to purchase the item that I, the seller, will have also brought with my person, at which point we would perform an exchange of goods and currency and return to our original locations."

It sounds good. Personally I'd be a little more specific (you do not want to waist your time). Maybe you have already covered this on your initial posting:

- Specify if you're willing to trade or if you would only accept cash only.
- Is the price firm or negotiable.
- Would you have/include any paperwork
- Bill of sale required

Sometimes you'll find people that they only like to waist time.

It is also a good idea to take at least one more person with you (witness).

Good luck,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Normally I'm with you but I think the emailer was actually trying to ask what days and times you might have availability to meet up. So, not so much "how would it work," but "when and where." Make sense?

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
I say do it. problem is the guy probably wouldn't understand. His brain would probably get fried half way through your response. :BLAA:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
It would depend on my mood whether or not I could resist the sarcastic reply -- that was a weird way of asking the question. A couple weeks back, at 10:30pm a friend of mine asked "Why is it dark out?" -- I couldn't help but reply, "because it's 10:30?".

Btw - the link to disguised weapons is hilarious.

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Money is money...pure and simple.

But instead of throw a response that may disinterest someone, have the person come to you and gauge whether you want to sell 'item x' to them.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get it....you have an interested buyer looking for more information,
why belittle that person with sarcasm? :don'tknow:
Eh, I wouldn't really.
It would depend on my mood whether or not I could resist the sarcastic reply -- that was a weird way of asking the question. A couple weeks back, at 10:30pm a friend of mine asked "Why is it dark out?" -- I couldn't help but reply, "because it's 10:30?".

Btw - the link to disguised weapons is hilarious.
Yeah, the "Still thirsty for justice?" line cracks me up every time. You hafta check out some more of the author's shenanigans. This one is great:
E-mails from an Asshole
Money is money...pure and simple.

But instead of throw a response that may disinterest someone, have the person come to you and gauge whether you want to sell 'item x' to them.
Yeah, despite how I depicted myself in this post, I go out of my way to be nice to folk in these situations (and all others, I'd like to think, but that's a work in progress :D).

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha those seem pretty nice -- I'll have to read some more of those when I get time.

My favorite so far is the dishwasher.