If you can't take the heat....

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
....and I can't. We're in the middle of a heat wave here in KY, 100+ F (38C) weather with >80% humidity. It's absolutely miserable. I hate to admit it, but I finally gave in and left the bike at home today in favor of the air conditioned car:ban:. I'm considering a weekend road trip to try and get away from this miserable heat. Anybody know of any cools spots within a days ride of KY?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...Welcome to my life

Welcome to what I have faced daily my entire life. Here in southern Texas we have a constant 100% humidity. As soon as you go outside you sweat, even if its 65 outside, you will still sweat.

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
is that the WAAAHHHHmbulance i hear?

its been 110-120 here in PHX. been raining off and on for the past two weeks as well, so that humidity bring it way up. no idea on the % though

W

wrightme43

Your preaching at the Mosque Akhmed. LOL

Shaggy, I am planning a night ride Saturday night. Its really the only answer. This stuff is miserable.

Ok I moved my indoor outdoor thermometers outdoor sending unit where it would be hit by the sun today. It has min and max memory.
Here is the insanity for the day. This is not setting on pavement, this is good ole Kentucky red clay, and grass.

Current Temp at 7:01 pm is 87.1f
Low temp sometime last night 72.9f

Completely wacked out, just aint right, WTF, why? why? dear God WHY? Take into account it was in the sun and the sun was heating the ground. This is not air temp and is not pavement temp, just the plain ole dried out burnt to a crisp ground.
High temp today.
125.5f

These are acurate thermometers, I use them in reef tanks to tell me how hot they get when I am gone so if a tank crashes I know if it was temp related.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site

I guess so.....I'm just not used to it, how do you people survive in this kind of weather? I'll have my thesis done in <6 months, then I'm taking my MEng and moving somewhere where the average temperature never gets about 80F(27C).....so Is there an immigration test for Canada? It's not in French is it?:justkidding:

S

sportrider

its been 110-120 here in PHX. been raining off and on for the past two weeks as well, so that humidity bring it way up. no idea on the % though
thats too funny!!! LOL :thumbup::thumbup: