If only I had the money......

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
While browsing for engine mods (Cams in particular)Well and turbo kits :D
This beast popped up

R6AWDTurbo.jpg

It's a 2wd R6 Turbo.:eek: Google Image Result for http://www.emtes.se/images%5Cmord_11.jpg

Now where did I put my Lottery ticket and spanners..........

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit too busy for my tastes... 2wd?? wth is the point of that?

I wrote an article about bike 2wd systems.
It has been used by Yamaha and KTM on their off road bikes with very positive results and it seems that it is a very viable option for road bikes,but as always it's down to costs.No manufacturer is willing to invest a vast amount of money in the system,just to see one of their competitors 'develop' a similar design,without having to spend millions on the R&D.
If it does happen,I wouldn't bet money against BMW breaking cover first,with it fitted to their Touring/Adventure range,which would be its biggest market ;)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I wrote an article about bike 2wd systems.
It has been used by Yamaha and KTM on their off road bikes with very positive results and it seems that it is a very viable option for road bikes,but as always it's down to costs.No manufacturer is willing to invest a vast amount of money in the system,just to see one of their competitors 'develop' a similar design,without having to spend millions on the R&D.
If it does happen,I wouldn't bet money against BMW breaking cover first,with it fitted to their Touring/Adventure range,which would be its biggest market ;)

Off road I can see some benefits... Still can't see any for the streets though... I see more unsprung weight, more sprung weight, more maintenance, more $$$, more things to break down...etc... but for what? Would it increase traction to the front wheel? is that the main benefit purpose?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think in the case of this bike it allows you to get more power on the road. if you have 300HHP (or whatever that multi turbo or whatever it is bike puts out) trying to be put to the road through one wheel you wont get as much down as you could with 2 wheels delivering the power to the road.

least thats the benefit with that bike i think.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Off road I can see some benefits... Still can't see any for the streets though... I see more unsprung weight, more sprung weight, more maintenance, more $$$, more things to break down...etc... but for what? Would it increase traction to the front wheel? is that the main benefit purpose?

Yamaha have spent the last 15 years developing their system alongside Ohlins
and this is their take on it -

"tests on an R1 1000cc supersport road bike have shown an incredible speed differential on wet tarmac - tests at the tight Swedish Karlskoga roadracing circuit showed the 2-trac-fitted R1 to offer a whopping five second per lap advantage over a standard machine when the circuit was wet."

So Road holding seems to be the biggest advantage especially in the wet,hence the two biggest markets being the Tourers and Adventure sports :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha have spent the last 15 years developing their system alongside Ohlins
and this is their take on it -

"tests on an R1 1000cc supersport road bike have shown an incredible speed differential on wet tarmac - tests at the tight Swedish Karlskoga roadracing circuit showed the 2-trac-fitted R1 to offer a whopping five second per lap advantage over a standard machine when the circuit was wet."

So Road holding seems to be the biggest advantage especially in the wet,hence the two biggest markets being the Tourers and Adventure sports :)

5 seconds a lap is pretty significant, but it is still very cumbersome! But i gotta say, that bike, must be insane to ride!

:thumbup:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest,the bike is just a study in engineering by Emtes.
They are a Swedish company who are into big power (aren't they all!)

They also had a hand in the worlds most powerful 'Busa engine,that kicks out over 700 BHP
busamotor_3.jpg