Ideas on radar detectors?

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking to purchase a radar detector for my bike but not to sure what there is out there? I have a passport for my car and never go anywhere without it. What are some good ones for motorcycles and if you have one give me your opinions.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking to purchase a radar detector for my bike but not to sure what there is out there? I have a passport for my car and never go anywhere without it. What are some good ones for motorcycles and if you have one give me your opinions.

Do what I do, run from the cops!, :justkidding:

Might have to make a personal bracket or something that can adjust, but it would be kind of hard to hear while riding...

Cobra is the way to go :)

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Im just curious if there are any specific ones made for bikes and which ones would best suit it

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
darn, must have left that particular copy for the guys taking over in Mosul....

I would check out Radar Detectors and Jammers - Reviews & Shopping at Radar Busters they got anything and everything

I would just find what works best for you (cost and accessories wise) and then go through their mounts. The mounts they sell are very nice.

I hope this helps
Travis Walthall

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember seeing a page from a forum that's dedicated to radar detectors. A search might give you some additional data from radar detector fanatics....:rockon:

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
darn, must have left that particular copy for the guys taking over in Mosul....

I would check out Radar Detectors and Jammers - Reviews & Shopping at Radar Busters they got anything and everything

I would just find what works best for you (cost and accessories wise) and then go through their mounts. The mounts they sell are very nice.

I hope this helps
Travis Walthall
Thanks i checked that site earlier but need to go through it more in depth cause they do have a lot of information.. When did you go over and whats your MOS? im leaving in october 21B baby!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a lot of searching and talking to the long distance boys the Valentine One is the best. You only can buy a V1 direct from them.(Google em') Had mine for years and has saved me from many tickets.

Having said that the Cops are getting sneaky with instant on and lazer so a radar detector can give you a false sense of security.

Here's a hard to see Pic of mine on my FJR next to the old Garmin V
IMG_0082.jpg

PM me if you want to see better pictures.

I don't know if any RD's are waterproof that's why mine is mounted in a box made for detectors.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a hard to see Pic of mine on my FJR next to the old Garmin V
IMG_0082.jpg

Holy #%^$!! How many things can you fit on a handlebar? How do you power that lot? Must be battery powered?

Ha! That ain't nothing compared to the real long distance rally boys but I will break it down for you.

Far left is the control for my audio vox cruise control ( yes it is just like automotive cruise control) next to it is the Factory heated grips controler, then it the garmin V gps with the Valentine one Radar detector and to the far right is the radar detector volume control for the speaker in my helmet. Look close and you see the V Strom handguards which fit the FJR.

All is powered by the bike as only the heated grips pull any real power plus I can power my electric vest if needed The FJR has a much bigger stator than the FZ.

The cruise control is working as I took this pic at speed (around 80 mph). All needed gear for those multi 500 mile plus days when I can get away :)