I had a Nightmare!!!!

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
So I haven't been able to ride my pride and joy for four months now and there is no end in sight. Apparently I'm getting the itch to ride because I had a dream that I was going to go for a ride. I went into the garage, got all geared up, hopped on the bike, started her up and noticed my handlebar on the right side was bent right into the tank :eek:. I looked down only to see that the whole right hand side of the bike was stove up :mad:. Well after trying to figure out who smashed up my baby I woke up from a dead sleep in a cold sweat. Mind you this was at about 3am. It still felt so real. I jumped out of bed, ran down the stairs (in my boxers) across the whole house, into the garage (about 10 degrees F) and checked on her. After assuring that she was indeed in pristine condition and nearly freezing off my family jewels, I went back to bed.

Now in hindsight, I probably should have taken the time to explain to my fiance why I was going to run downstairs like I was being chased by an axe murderer. But let's be honest, I had more pressing issues to deal with. This realization hit me when I finally got back upstairs and explained to her that I had to go make sure that Stella was still OK. She took one look at me, shook her head, said "should have known" and went back to sleep. Apparently even the most surprising acts don't even phase her anymore. I'm not sure who that reflects on more but I think it's awesome that she hardly blinks an eye when I run out of the room like my boxers are on fire only to come back 10 minutes later and tell her that Stella is still OK. The only place to go from there, in her eyes, is up so I'm golden.

So this is apparently what happens to me when I can't ride. I need to move somewhere warm.:BLAA:

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
chaskell27: Well, Thanks for the story...and reminding me how different the weather is here (CA). It was about 70 degrees farenheit yesterday and I opted to ride my bike (instead of drive) to visit a Fry's electronic store. It was nice. But, today, it's raining (doesn't snow in the valley). Oh well, Spring is not too far off, huh?

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
It can't come soon enough. I can't keep doing windsprints at 3am I know that :D. I think it'll be a little while here though. I still have about 2 feet of snow in my front yard :(. Oh well hopefully we'll get a warm spell. Maybe I'll go hibernate and wake up in the spring!!!

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
i hear you man...totally been there..dreamed of all kinds of different scenarios on the bike..gone on a ride in my dream, low sided, had steering head bearing failure..all in my dream...and I live in SoCal so im not sure if its not riding doing that to you..

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya luckily I've never drempt of crashing. I'd probably have a heart attack in my sleep. I will say that I would rather dream of crashing than actually crash by a long shot.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
chatroulette-trolling-warm-in-troll-ida1.jpg