I had a funny moment today

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
So I am rapping up a little hiking adventure today at a local trail, and I put my key in my bike, mount up and go to straighten the handle bars and I feel and hear a loud *CRUNCH*. I see green computer chip fly through the air and land a few feet from my bike.

I had terrible thoughts going through my head at this point. :eek: What the hell was that? Did it come off of my bike? Will it even start? What if it does and stalls on me mid turn?

So i get off and pick up the computer chip and I'm thinking to myself, what did I do now, Matt. :confused: I look down to see if i can trace the damage and immediately realized that the car starter remote on my key chain, whilst dangling from the ignition - got jammed. When I straightened the bar the pressure snapped it in half; thus sending the chip inside flying.

So this is the damage.

View attachment 21256

I was spooked, then when I had realized what I'd done, had a good laugh at myself.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad it wasn't too serious, but sometimes those things are pricey to replace... :(

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad it wasn't the alarm thingy for the bike (and that you'd yet to dis-arm the alarm...)

Didn't that thing flap around a lot..?

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it flapped around a bit, and I thought something like this might happen,but never really thought it was something to worry about. Needless to say I won't be keeping my car starter and alarm pad on the key chain while riding.

And it is broken, one of the transistors broke off during landing - at least that's the conclusion I came to. Luckily I have 2 pads.

Screw it, all I need to fix it is some duct tape, an avocado, and a scuba snorkel.

Last edited: