I did it!! I'm now licensed to teach!!

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Congratulations, and a job well done..... it's a big commitment all the way around; and the recognition is probably not equal to the work done -- so a simple thanks doesn't seem like enough.

I wish I had the bandwidth to emulate your accomplishment. (imitation being the most sincere form of flattery)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Congrats :thumbup:

What did the parking lot test entail?

MSA = Motorcycle Skills Assesment test - It's basically testing slow speed control using clutch, throttle and rear brake

- Walking the motorcycle
- Riding at walking pace (clutch, throttle and rear brake control)
- Uturn into a 3M slalom
- Acceleration and gear change up to 30km.hr - through a wide U-turn/curve ending in a signaled Emergency Stop (brake control - use of both brakes with no rear wheel lockup/skidding and end up in 1st gear in a 3pt stance).

Repeat each exercise twice and you're done.

Pretty simple stuff, but from a new rider's viewpoint this is their first "big test".

In British Columbia, if you already have a class 5 (car) drivers licesne, the process to get your class 6 (motorcycle) is:

1. Write a wirtten leaners exam to receive your learners license. With this you can ride a motorcyle on the road WITH a superviser riding with you. You cannot:
- ride alone
- ride after sunset or before sun rise
- speed restriction to 60km.hr
- no passengers
- zero blood alcholol limit

2. Ride the MSA test. If you pass, 2 restricitons are removed:
- having to ride with a supervisor
- speed restriction
The other restrictions remain in place untill you pass your Road Test.

3. Road Test - You ride around town with a radio and speaker on your vest with an ICBC traffic examiner in a car following behind you giving you instrutions. Test last about 20-30minutes. If you pass, all the remaining license restrictions are removed and you are done.

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations!!
I took my MSF course in mid May last year. I had never been on a bike before, and much to my surprise, and everyone else's, I aced the written AND riding tests!!
I am planning on riding out to the course to thank my instructors. (I had just looked up the schedule for this year last night!) It's a wonderful service that you provide, so thank you in advance for helping all the other "newbies" you will come across. :thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Congratulations!!
I took my MSF course in mid May last year. I had never been on a bike before, and much to my surprise, and everyone else's, I aced the written AND riding tests!!
I am planning on riding out to the course to thank my instructors. (I had just looked up the schedule for this year last night!) It's a wonderful service that you provide, so thank you in advance for helping all the other "newbies" you will come across. :thumbup:

That would be a very nice thing to do and I think your instructors would very much enjoy having you stopping by on your bike to thank them!! (I know I would).

We enjoy the comments and feedback we receive from our students (positive & negative) as not only is it nice to hear that you've helped somebody acheive a goal, but it also helps us to make changes and improvements to the programs we teach.