I Can’t Decide! FZ6 / FZ1 / R6s HELP!!!

But if I was riding 1000cc bikes and wanted something sporty yet comfortable over longer distances... I would go for the FZ1 - no questions asked.
08FZ1_blk_3_10b824c6.jpg

:Sport:
+1 for the FZ1. I need to clean myself everytime I see one!

1) R6: much sexier than any of the bikes but everyone has one....It would also be less comfy than your SV I think but much more fun
2) FZ6: Coming from a liter twin, you'll find yourself begging for more torque.
3) FZ1: Lots of power and torque. More upright seating position but not as fun as a 600ss IMO

All in all, with the criteria you placed, I'd go for the FZ1.

You should have test ride and see which suits you best. I think the FZ6 would be a wee bit peaky after the V-twin.

Here in the UK Honda are just launching the CB1000R which looks bad in black. Nice rival to the FZ1.

start

WOW, that bike is amazing!! Honda is really letting their US model lineup go to hell. All they have for a standard is the 250 Nighthawk.:(

congrats on the purchase! I think you made an excellent choice. Having ridden several of the currrent FZ1 and FZ6's, I like the FZ6 a lot more. that isn't to say thee FZ1 is bad, but the peg location is very extreme. I am 6'3" and long legged and found myself getting leg cramps after 20-30 minutes. My FZ6, I rode home 310 miles the day I bought it. Much more comfortable.

congrats on the purchase! I think you made an excellent choice. Having ridden several of the currrent FZ1 and FZ6's, I like the FZ6 a lot more. that isn't to say thee FZ1 is bad, but the peg location is very extreme. I am 6'3" and long legged and found myself getting leg cramps after 20-30 minutes. My FZ6, I rode home 310 miles the day I bought it. Much more comfortable.

Thanks man, I love my new FZ6. I can't get enough of it. I looked at it at least 100 times before bed last night haha. I love the all black raven, so sexy.

It’s hard not to just open her up full throttle, so I have to remind and contain myself until she breaks in. I want to feel that power band! I’ve kept it under 7,000 rpms, cruised on the highway to work today around 70mph, the bike feels great.

This bike is literally perfect for me (even though I haven’t even felt the power yet). The seating position is very comfortable, especially on my wrists, which is what I was looking for. It also looks so freaking awesome & sporty. I love that it doesn’t have the full faring. MPG’s on this bike is a huge plus, the gauge cluster rules, under-seat exhaust, cheaper insurance than the FZ1, (I have 4 speeding tickets on my record though, and I’m 24, I’m paying out the ass for insurance). I really couldn’t ask for more from this bike.

My only complaint is that the bike is to quiet, and my dealership experience was awful. They treated me like a piece of meat, trying to push everything on me, they didn’t even throw in any extras, nothing.

I would’ve been happy if they even said, hey man, thanks for buying this bike from us, we really appreciate it, in fact, go pick out a pair of gloves & helmet, we’ll throw that in. I would have left happy if that was the case.

But live and learn I guess. When I buy my next toy, I definitely will be aware, stern, and patient.
:Sport:

WOW, that bike is amazing!! Honda is really letting their US model lineup go to hell. All they have for a standard is the 250 Nighthawk.:(

Boy that is for sure, Honda is a joke in the US for standard bikes. Cruisers are solid, touring bikes are great and the track bikes are some of the best. Standards suck here.

I guess what i'm asking is, did I get a good deal or did I get hosed?

In Orange County, CA when I bought my '07 last year $7K OTD was the best price going for new and not all dealers would match it. You didn't get hosed. (I managed to find a "used" one with 260 miles at a stealership that I got OTD for $6300 :rockon:)

I'd still take the FZ1 over the Honda on any given day. Haven't ridden them, but I know the CB1000 has a more limo feeling rather than a sportbike. Same goes for its older brothers, which I have ridden. CB600F is a good reliabe bike but boring...

Just my 2 cents

dealerships are tough... i went to one today with all of the intentions of buying a bike but with there pushy tactics and double talking i ended up walking. they were willing to give me a deal on a bike but only if i bough the bike right then and there. i am like what the hell i can't go home and sleep on it for a day just to make sure.... they also wouldn't give me the price i was actually going to pay until i commited to buying... that just sounds insane to me.

Thanks man, I love my new FZ6. I can't get enough of it. I looked at it at least 100 times before bed last night haha.

I couldn't help but chuckle. I've had mine 11 months (Fastest Red '07), but it's my first bike and I will STILL sometimes go out to the garage just to look at it and maybe contemplate a mod or two. My wife caught me just gazing at it the other day and I felt like an idiot. "Uhhh.... just checkin' something, Honey." :eek:

I couldn't help but chuckle. I've had mine 11 months (Fastest Red '07), but it's my first bike and I will STILL sometimes go out to the garage just to look at it and maybe contemplate a mod or two. My wife caught me just gazing at it the other day and I felt like an idiot. "Uhhh.... just checkin' something, Honey." :eek:

fantastic post! i had to read that aloud to my wife, her brother (a rider) and his fiance.

Well, I made my desicion. I just picked up my brand new 2008 Raven Black FZ6 about 4 hours ago. I'm so excited dudes... I only rode it 20 miles, kept it under 5k rpm.

I paid $7000 OTD.

Thats the same bike, color and deal that I got last week. Enjoy!!

lol,, i thinks many of us can relate to this eye gazing stuff. I've only had my 07 fz6 for about a month and i love's it. If i'm not on this site looking for new mods to add to my bike i'm looking out my sliding door visualizing my next mod then out of the blues i grab my gear and take her for a spin. Think my wife is starting to get jealous by now, i see it in her eyes lol.... So far i've Gutted the Cat, added the 2 Bros, PC3, Amber lights in da Pod, ASV Levers, -1 sprocket, k&N filter, tcp seat (waiting on this one), ohhhh and fender eliminator with aftermarket turn signal lights (front and back). Now as for contemplating my next mod, thatz why i'm here now :rockon:

Dis Bike Rocks for a 600, this is my first bike by da way. I just learned to ride a month ago :D ..

About the looking at the bike even after 2 years i still do that, i'll get home, park it and just take an extra 5 mins, look at the frame, the wheels, how shiny all the pieces are, feel which parts of the engin are hot...lol I'm def still in love :D I'm thinking about doing little cheap mods, like getting white lens cover turn signals, color levers, bar ends, fluid cap sets...
Someone was talking about the power band, where is it exactly on the FZ6, from what to what rpm?

You should have test ride and see which suits you best. I think the FZ6 would be a wee bit peaky after the V-twin.

Here in the UK Honda are just launching the CB1000R which looks bad in black. Nice rival to the FZ1.

start

Dang when is this Honda CBR1000 coming out in the U.S.? I want one in black or the cool sword sliver with ABS! Gotta love that bike.

Is it just in Cali but no dealers here do test drives...I was told too much liability from a sales man as mostly all they sell are SS to new riders...lol. Did you guys test ride yours before purchase in the states?

.............My only complaint is that the bike is to quiet, and my dealership experience was awful. They treated me like a piece of meat, trying to push everything on me, they didn’t even throw in any extras, nothing.

get scorpions, i have an fz6 and its one of the loudest bikes on the streets with dual scorpions without a db killer installed. silky smooth and so badass. check youtube, look thru a bunch of vids some are more accurate than others

get scorpions, i have an fz6 and its one of the loudest bikes on the streets with dual scorpions without a db killer installed. silky smooth and so badass. check youtube, look thru a bunch of vids some are more accurate than others

I think this is one if not the best video for the Scorps
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEueoXlbAAQ"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Scorpion Exhaust[/ame]
I just got the Leo Vinces, and with the Cat Elim Pipe it came with, and the Baffles taken out, its loud! I wanted the scorps or 2bros but these are just as loud i believe. Someone had a list of all the exhausts and the db's they put out, anyone seen that somewhere?
Heres a vid of the Leo's
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Gb4BJmbcA"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 exhaust sound with LeoVince Evo II Carbon[/ame]

Congrats on the purchase. You know, maybe others will agree with me, but the FZ6 feels like just the most perfect motorcycle. I dont know how to explain it. I mean its comfortable, fast, easy to work on... Now with the FZ1, there's just so much power. On the FZ6 I can redline first, second, third and still be riding at a "safe" speed. On the FZ1, I do not think I will be able to enjoy its powerband as much as I would with the FZ6, especially with its looooonnng first gear, but for serious touring, I can see why one would want it, especially going two up.

Back