I bought a 2010 Buell XB12TX today!

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to admit I quite like the look of Buells.

As for whether it's a good deal or not, I always think that you should pay whatever you are happy paying for whatever bike you like.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a Black 2010 Buell Ulysses touring model . Very rare bike ,I have to wait for it to be shipped to my house. I can't wait to ride that bike!

Well it showed at my house in while I was in New Orleans . So I drove back to Austin TX and when I got home the New 2010 $12000 buell with only 4 miles on it would not start the battery was almost dead . I charged the battery and it cranked up then it died and would not start. The plugs were bad, put new spark plugs in and it ran great. Harley dealers suck.....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it showed at my house in while I was in New Orleans . So I drove back to Austin TX and when I got home the New 2010 $12000 buell with only 4 miles on it would not start the battery was almost dead . I charged the battery and it cranked up then it died and would not start. The plugs were bad, put new spark plugs in and it ran great. Harley dealers suck.....

Oh the fun to come....Ask for Eric at Cowboy HD, very, very good mechanic. That is if you can get past the dumber than dirt service writers.

Gruene HD has an outstanding rep also. Central Texas...not so much...

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Now that you have it :needpics:

C

CombatPenguin

I agree most HD dealers suck. The battery in my CR was crap from the time I picked it up, it will be replaced come spring. Also lets see some pictures.

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a fair deal I guess $12,000 is a lot of money to me , but it's a 2010 one of the last one's made. I only paid $5800 for my new FZ6....

No offense, but you got hosed.

I bought my current FZ and Star from a dealer that also sells HD's and Buell's. You should have paid HALF that. Even the 1125R's were going for $6800 NEW.

This wasn't a dealer to dealer case, it was national to clear out the remaining stock of Buells. Sounds like a greedy dealer taking advantage of a customer because he happened to be able to get the bike you wanted.

That being said, enjoy! I considered a Buell when looking at my FZ but couldn't justify spending 4K more. It was exactly a week after I picked up my FZ that they got shuttered and prices got slashed to less than than what I paid for the Buell I was looking at. I though it was strange that they had Buells on the floor at their import dealer. Now I know why.

I have to admit I quite like the look of Buells.

As for whether it's a good deal or not, I always think that you should pay whatever you are happy paying for whatever bike you like.

Walk into a dealership (car, boat or bike) with that attitude and you will almost always pay more than you should. I never settle for the first or second offer from a stealer. Heck, for my current bike I told them I would buy it for X amount right then and there if they could do it. They did, then I asked for more off, and I got it. With the economy the way it is, it's a buyers market.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
No offense, but you got hosed.

I bought my current FZ and Star from a dealer that also sells HD's and Buell's. You should have paid HALF that. Even the 1125R's were going for $6800 NEW.

This wasn't a dealer to dealer case, it was national to clear out the remaining stock of Buells. Sounds like a greedy dealer taking advantage of a customer because he happened to be able to get the bike you wanted.

I don't think he got hosed at all.

Can you find a Harley dealer selling an XT for $6k (half what he paid)? Please tell us where.

The reality is this: Harley stated they would kick back $$$ to dealers who sell Buells, and the numbers are: $5k on 1125's, $3k on XB. I have heard the XB9 was only $2k. Either way, its a rebate given to the dealer, they can choose to sell at MSRP and keep the rebate, or sell at a reduced cost and make up for it with the rebate. Thing is, most dealers still sell MSRP because they can (and because they suck)... Buells have never sold as well as since Harley shut them down.

That being said, enjoy! I considered a Buell when looking at my FZ but couldn't justify spending 4K more. It was exactly a week after I picked up my FZ that they got shuttered and prices got slashed to less than than what I paid for the Buell I was looking at. I though it was strange that they had Buells on the floor at their import dealer. Now I know why.

$4k more is indeed difficult to justify... but you do get some goodies for it and I look at it this way: I'm saving $1k a year on insurance with the Buell compared to the FZ6... so the Buell will be amortized in 3-4 years :D

Walk into a dealership (car, boat or bike) with that attitude and you will almost always pay more than you should. I never settle for the first or second offer from a stealer. Heck, for my current bike I told them I would buy it for X amount right then and there if they could do it. They did, then I asked for more off, and I got it. With the economy the way it is, it's a buyers market.

Of course you can try to negotiate, but Harley dealerships (at least in LA) do not. You take it or you leave it and they could care less if you walk out. So if you want that bike you're going to pay full price for it... yes, even now. I know, it sucks...

To the OP: 10k miles on my XB12 and I couldn't be happier! Enjoy it!!!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm high on Motorcycles and I need help is their a number I can call ? ....I know I'm crazy, I paid less than $ 11,000 for my two 2007 FZ6's and $4000 for my KLR650 they are great bike's that will go 50,000 miles each easy. I'm just dreaming I guess that the buell will be as good.

PLENTY of people clicked 50+k (and a lot more) on their XB12s, so don't worry! :thumbup:

Let us know how it compares to your FZ after you get to ride it a bit more!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
This guy in Bumpus TN has awesome deals on the last few Buells he still has:

529570.jpg

2009 XB9SX Cherry Bomb Red STK#01544
2009 XB9SX Cherry Bomb Red STK#01611
2009 XB12XT Racing Red STK#00341
2009 XB12XT Racing Red STK#00598
2009 XB12SS Hero Blue STK#00756
2009 XB12SCG Hero Blue STK#01063
2009 1125R Midnight Black STK#01598
2009 XB12R Arctic White STK#00859
2009 XB12R Midnight Black STK#00653

I've asked him for quotes :D

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
The retail price for a 2010 XB12XT was $12999 before the closeout sale. Plus TT&L ,prep,freight and doc fee's that all harley shops charge. My price was $9999 Plus TT&L all the fee's and shipped from michigan to my house in Texas. I could have got a '09 here in town for maybe $500 less. A updated Black 2010 XB12XT is very hard to find only about 100 were made. Mine is #00009 one of the last Buells made.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
This guy in Bumpus TN has awesome deals on the last few Buells he still has:

Looks like $9,995

Wavex why are your rates so high? You are saving $1k a year? If I could buy another bike and save $1k a year, the insurance company would be paying me over $50/month!

Wait.... I forgot about your habit of totalling bikes.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex is right, Please anyone let me know if you find a new 2010 Buell XB12XT for $6000. I'll take two more !

The thing to remember is the 2010 are not heavily discounted as compared to a 2008. There were so few made for '10, and they are a very well sort bike at this point that $9999 with add on's isn't a terrible price for a '10. The '10s in demand with the Buell faithful too to the prices are not dirt cheap.

Just watching the prices over the past month the rock bottom deals are gone, and prices are more in the 15% to 20% off range and have stabilized. Of course that will vary from dealer to dealer, just like pricing on Japanese bike blow outs. CBR1000RRs for $$6,999 OTD, amazing...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like $9,995

Wavex why are your rates so high? You are saving $1k a year? If I could buy another bike and save $1k a year, the insurance company would be paying me over $50/month!

Wait.... I forgot about your habit of totalling bikes.

Well I am asking him for his very best OTD price...

Insurance rates in LA are high. It is not uncommon to see people pay $3k-$4k-$5k for full coverage around here for their 600cc/1000cc supersports.

Me being a foreign national in my twenties with no US records didn't help either...

I used to pay $1600/year for my FZ6 (and that was a very good deal... I was quoted $4k by Geico) for full coverage. That had nothing to do with me totaling bikes (I only totaled 1 where it was fault FYI) and that had apparently no impact on my rates... as a matter of fact, I have not seen any of my rates go up after any of my accidents.

My insurance on the Buell is $450/year for full coverage + un-insured + under-insured + medpay (didn't have any of that before).
You know why? Because the title of my Buell states: "1200cc H-D"... that's it :BLAA:

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta be kidding me!! 50,000 miles?! It's BUELL dude, not a Yamaha! ...And you paid $12,000 for a bike that is dead from a brand that is dead?!

What are you on and where can I get some?:eek:

Almost 2 years after I bought my Buell it's still running good . And to the guy who put my Buell down and said it wouldn't go 50,000 miles check this out.....

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a ton of miles, I am pretty sure he bought it new since he got one of the last 2010 models. It gives me high hopes for the XB12Scg I just bought. I am liking it so far.