I am Nekkid and ready for fun!

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, but I gotta ask...where are your mirrors? ;) With the horn there it looks sort of like a gas mask! Did you use the standard handlebar clamp with the zipties to hold the speedo on? You could probably make some money selling the 07 clamp and putting an 04 one one...just sayin.

Last edited:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, but I gotta ask...where are your mirrors? ;) With the horn there it looks sort of like a gas mask! Did you use the standard handlebar clamp with the zipties to hold the speedo on? You could probably make some money selling the 07 clamp and putting an 04 one one...just sayin.

Mirrors are in the mail. they should be here today. Like I said, I still have to put on the mirrors and paint it matte black

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very very nice! next step is to get that tank sticker off of there ;). what would you say you put into it money and time wise? i guess more importantly, what would you say the skill level was to do something like that? i did the two brothers install without too much of a problem. since i see you have the TB cans as well, would you put the overall effort of the nekkidness above or below the TB install? it looks like a really fun project. congrats :rockon:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
very very nice! next step is to get that tank sticker off of there ;). what would you say you put into it money and time wise? i guess more importantly, what would you say the skill level was to do something like that? i did the two brothers install without too much of a problem. since i see you have the TB cans as well, would you put the overall effort of the nekkidness above or below the TB install? it looks like a really fun project. congrats :rockon:

$135 for headlight (shipped)
$40 mirrors (shipped/rushed)

took an hour, the longest part was when I let two wires touch and blew a fuse. LOL. Its retardedly(<- might not be a word) easy.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to ask... why not purchase the FZ6 headlight/dash from Yam??? I think this looks so killer.

2009-FZ6-S2-ABS-static-09_prv_tcm46-271014.jpg

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally grabbed my balls and went nekkid last night. I sold m front end and used the money to by a cyclopes Acerbis Headlight. I mounted it last night. I also figured out a good way to mount my speedo too. I used zip ties, you can even see them. it looks very natural and clean. I am waiting for my bar end mirros to come in and then I will post picks.

I took it out for a test ride today, It felt awsome. Here is where people will disagree, the bike feels way better when it is in the nude. I had t get used to the difference in perception. It feels way more nimble, and much more compact. there wasnt nearly as much of a problem with wind as I anticipated. The wind was smooth and there was no turbulence. And I did not feel like I was going to fly off the bike. The FZ6 was meant to be naked, Europe definetly knows what they're talking about. I feel so stupid for not doing this before. I will post pics hopefully tonight after I put on the mirrors. I encourage all to strip and be free.

P.S. This is just my opinion. I am not trying to start an argument!:thumbup:

Considering that my insurance company paid close to $2000 to fix plastic broken on left side of the bike from slow speed drop i guess this is the best solution to these expenses going forward and it does look good.;)

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is this the light?

Acerbis Cyclops Headlight - Dirt Bike Motocross - Accessories - Motorcycle Superstore

it's in the dirtbike section, just want to be sure :rolleyes:

i think i may have to do this! and if i may ask before i make a more thorough search :ban:, are the only wires that have to be spliced the headlights, or do you have to cut any wires with the speedo/tach? what happened to the front indicators? gone? and lastly please, what's a good bar end mirror? i see a bunch out there but not sure what's good and what fits.

gracias amigos.

craig

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
is this the light?

Acerbis Cyclops Headlight - Dirt Bike Motocross - Accessories - Motorcycle Superstore

it's in the dirtbike section, just want to be sure :rolleyes:

i think i may have to do this! and if i may ask before i make a more thorough search :ban:, are the only wires that have to be spliced the headlights, or do you have to cut any wires with the speedo/tach? what happened to the front indicators? gone? and lastly please, what's a good bar end mirror? i see a bunch out there but not sure what's good and what fits.

gracias amigos.

craig

The headlight wires dont have to be spliced, but probably should be. I put the metal tabs on the acerbis wires (included) and just plugged them into the stock connector. then I secured it very tightly with electrical tape.

Do not cut any wires from the speedo, there is no need. I have no front indicators. I bought the cheapest circle bar end mirrors on ebay, 3 1/2 inch, they work fine. the acerbis light is dim, just a warning. also, the adjustment to make the light shine on the road infront of you will require sticking something in between the fork and rubber mounts. I used an eraser, cant see it though.:rockon: