Hydro dip

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
Hydro dipped the two inner panels on my FZ6 in a carbon fiber finish today. Here is a picture of the finished product, will post another picture once I’ve completed BD’s dual headlight mod on Saturday and refitted. Its late evening in Africa now and I need natural light to bring out the finish.

View attachment 25619

FZ6-ZN

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know what Hydro dipping was. Had to look it up. Check out the Hydro dipped Buell I found...

Hydro Buell

Pretty cool way to apply finishes that are complicated. Cool stuff FZ6-ZN.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's the cost to do something like that? What kind of company does that kind of work? I like it. Very nice. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I am missing the point of doing this... CF parts are used for added strength with less weight, but in this case you're not adding strength and you're actually adding weight! Is it just because you like the look of CF so you're faking it? like those CF stickers ppl put on their Civics? :D

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I am missing the point of doing this... CF parts are used for added strength with less weight, but in this case you're not adding strength and you're actually adding weight! Is it just because you like the look of CF so you're faking it? like those CF stickers ppl put on their Civics? :D

Might be a good way to cover a scratched up part.. assuming the price isn't to high to make it impractical. Looks glossy as opposed to the dull easy to scuff original finish.

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that looks really nice. Very custom looking. This technique opens the doors to a lot of different possibilities for customization.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I would say yes to liking the finish. I see different bits/shields for my bike that are CF type finish and although they look cool I won't buy them because I'll have less $$ to make it perform and add weight cuz it looks good. I love making my bike look good but if it's a choice between looking good and running strong, it's going to be running strong.

In the real world application. I've recently chosen to not go with CF on the exhaust system and chose titanium because of all the CF issues of degradation (yellowing) I hear about, including 'burn out' when using CF for exhaust. If I was getting paid to shave a second of time off my time going to work I might go with the CF other wise I think the titanium is great.
I personally like the CF finish and if there's a cheap way to do it I might get something finished with the Hydro-Dipping.

I had the two sections of the wind screen on my 06 FZ6 that looked funny and thought if I painted those two side sections it would look better. I was at a bike store and saw this decal stuff that sort of looked like CF. Although it was a cheesy idea, it looked better to me and kept me out of trouble for a few minutes. If it was Hydro-Dipped it would have looked really good.

Here's a picture of it. The decal material was thick and after a while the decal started to un-stick where it had to fold around the edges. I could have taken a blow dryer and done a better job on the edges. It took away that wide look of the 06 screen and generally looked cleaner.

picture.php

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely love it, and i think it could be very cool for those who have a few CF parts on their bikes, and would like to continue the theme with other parts, that cant be obtained in CF...

:thumbup:

Last edited:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
You just threw a whole bunch of modding ideas at me...good stuff..ive been thinking about painting or powdercoating certain scratched parts on my bike, now i know what to do i think..

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking everwhere for a C/F rear hugger with no luck (if anyone knows of where to get one please let me know). Maybe a little dippy do is the answer.