HUGE Leo Vince sale!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any real advantage to these other than looks\sound? I hate noisy bikes and the hp gain appears to be minor. Any big weight loss?

Tim

I don't have exact numbers, but should be ~ 8 pounds (doubt it's noticeable). I think for most people it's mainly about the sound. Not necessarily loudness, but completely different tone.. throaty vs whiny.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have exact numbers, but should be ~ 8 pounds (doubt it's noticeable). I think for most people it's mainly about the sound. Not necessarily loudness, but completely different tone.. throaty vs whiny.

Agree here. I'm going for a nicer sound than performance gains.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious, is anybody concerned about that new CA law, SB435? I can't figure out if it would apply to pre-2013 motorcycles/aftermarket pipes (I don't think it does but federal EPA regs do). The ones that it does apply to, I think the decible level will be capped at 80. I think everybody can thank the HD straight pipe riders for this new legislation. It's supposed to be a $50 fine 1st offense and then rising fines for subsequent violations. Looks like exhaust modders still have a couple of years to change stock exhaust (or else, aftermarket exhausts will be quieter?)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious, is anybody concerned about that new CA law, SB435? I can't figure out if it would apply to pre-2013 motorcycles/aftermarket pipes (I don't think it does but federal EPA regs do). The ones that it does apply to, I think the decible level will be capped at 80. I think everybody can thank the HD straight pipe riders for this new legislation. It's supposed to be a $50 fine 1st offense and then rising fines for subsequent violations. Looks like exhaust modders still have a couple of years to change stock exhaust (or else, aftermarket exhausts will be quieter?)

I'd probably think twice about getting aftermarket exhaust if I lived in CA. No such law in NJ yet, so not too worried.
There's loud and there's obnoxious / ridiculously loud (HD straight pipes).

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe that's why they are clearing out stock. The new California law. I believe exhausts will have to have a new sticker or engraving stating they pass the new CA exhaust noise laws. I also think any exhausts pre 2013 will be OK. Now I ask how the heck are the LEO's going to know what year bike you have prior to pulling you over? :spank:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

It's already illegal to have other than OEM exhaust in Ca. That's probably the case in just about every state in the country.

Also Congratulations on all of you finding this great deal on this exhaust! :rockon:
LV's have always had great tone and I believe those also come with an additional db killer installed. The db killers for the Two Brothers cost me $30+ for each can!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Talked to customer service. My payment has been corrected to $379.48 :D

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd probably think twice about getting aftermarket exhaust if I lived in CA. No such law in NJ yet, so not too worried.
There's loud and there's obnoxious / ridiculously loud (HD straight pipes).

I think there is a little enforced law in NY that limits decibels. The feeling I get about the noise is you can be responsible how you use your new noisemakers. The old "Don't Be A Dick" rules apply (don't be like a HD rider). I never rev my bike at lights because it feels juvenille. When I pass a cop I change to the highest gear I can and go easy on the gas.

And not for nothing I had to pull over at one of those nifty NY motorcycle checkpoints. The policeman asked me to run the bike and rev it a little while he listened to the exhaust. No Problem! And this was with the DB Killers removed. I can tell you with the DB Killers removed it sounds loud and pretty edgey. I have since installed the DB Killers and leave them in most of the time. Ocassionally I do runs without them and cagers seems annoyed by them, not that I care, but I don't want a ticket either. The DB Killers are a good compromise and the cans still sound very good with them in

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a call from customer service again. They made a mistake. Carbon was supposed to be listed as a sale item and 20% would not be applied to it. So the price I originally paid was the correct price.
Everyone who paid $380 shipped will be getting a call from LV :(
They will not honer that price.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a call from customer service again. They made a mistake. Carbon was supposed to be listed as a sale item and 20% would not be applied to it. So the price I originally paid was the correct price.
Everyone who paid $380 shipped will be getting a call from LV :(
They will not honer that price.

So essentially you ruined it for everybody?

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got the call. They said that their service "Shop-a-Tron" made a mistake. I told them that I bought it for the advertized price and they had to honor that price. They told me that they would be contacting shopatron and would get back to me. I will likely be canceling if it is not honored. $380 shipped was a deal I couldn't pass, $473 shipped I can pass on.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got the call. They said that their service "Shop-a-Tron" made a mistake. I told them that I bought it for the advertized price and they had to honor that price. They told me that they would be contacting shopatron and would get back to me. I will likely be canceling if it is not honored. $380 shipped was a deal I couldn't pass, $473 shipped I can pass on.

$473 is still a killer deal, but I hear you. Keep us posted, please.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
$473 is still a killer deal, but I hear you. Keep us posted, please.

Just got a call back. If you push the issue, claim that it was a legitimate purchase on your part and if it had been an Autozone or your local bike shop, they couldn't come back and claim you still owed them the 20% after purchase, you may get some resolution.

I didn't get 20% off the sale price but I did get 10% off. So mine will be $424 shipped. Better than a stick in the eye. Should have them in a few days.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a call back. If you push the issue, claim that it was a legitimate purchase on your part and if it had been an Autozone or your local bike shop, they couldn't come back and claim you still owed them the 20% after purchase, you may get some resolution.

I didn't get 20% off the sale price but I did get 10% off. So mine will be $424 shipped. Better than a stick in the eye. Should have them in a few days.

IMO, that makes it more messed up. I'm glad you're getting a better deal, but they should extend the same price to everyone, not just to complainers.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, that makes it more messed up. I'm glad you're getting a better deal, but they should extend the same price to everyone, not just to complainers.

I agree. We were not dishonest about it. We bough it through their site, at their listed price. They claim their 'store front' site messed up. As far as I'm concerned, their store front site should cover their own mistake. Had I bought the same item at my local Motorcycle shop, they couldn't call me 2 days later and ask for an additional $100 because there cashier screwed up...

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I got all the way through to the last screen to purchase and didn't pull the trigger. I think it was around $380. Ironically, I got an email the next day that read:

Code:
Recently, you didn't complete a LeoVince USA order. If you had difficulty with the order process, we're here to help. To place your order:

1. Review the order details:

-- ORDER DETAILS--
LeoVince USA
Items in your cart:
Product name                                                          Part #                         Quantity      Price
              SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON W/ CONICAL END CAP                          7904         1     USD$ 454.35

When I click the attached link to finalize my order, I get:

Code:
Welcome back!
Your order details:
Part # 	Item 	Quantity 	Price
7904 	SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON W/ CONICAL END CAP 	1 	USD$ 363.48
Estimated Shipping & Handling 	USD$ 16.00
Total * 	USD$ 379.48

With all the said, I don't see how anyone would let them out of that price. I would contact my CC company if it came to them not honoring the price specially since anyone who ordered NOW has a paper trail, a receipt !!!!!!

Don't let them out of it..:thumbup::thumbup:.

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
I got all the way through to the last screen to purchase and didn't pull the trigger. I think it was around $380. Ironically, I got an email the next day that read:

Code:
Recently, you didn't complete a LeoVince USA order. If you had difficulty with the order process, we're here to help. To place your order:

1. Review the order details:

-- ORDER DETAILS--
LeoVince USA
Items in your cart:
Product name                                                          Part #                         Quantity      Price
              SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON W/ CONICAL END CAP                          7904         1     USD$ 454.35

When I click the attached link to finalize my order, I get:

Code:
Welcome back!
Your order details:
Part # 	Item 	Quantity 	Price
7904 	SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON W/ CONICAL END CAP 	1 	USD$ 363.48
Estimated Shipping & Handling 	USD$ 16.00
Total * 	USD$ 379.48

With all the said, I don't see how anyone would let them out of that price. I would contact my CC company if it came to them not honoring the price specially since anyone who ordered NOW has a paper trail, a receipt !!!!!!

Don't let them out of it..:thumbup::thumbup:.

I got the same email and that's what got me to buy the product at the price they offered. They went after me with that price and for them to pull it away from me is WRONG.