Howdy from Texas!

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
With the rising cost of gas, I felt it prudent to get a bike. I first looked at and rode a Hayabusa- which I screamed and ran from! Not a good starter bike for me... While I have ridden dirt bikes, street bikes, atv's and anything else on wheels for my entire life, it seemed too intense for a guy's 1st commuter bike! I wandered into my local Yamaha dealer and asked to see an R6. He asked me how far a commute to work. I responded 41 miles one way! He showed me my 08 Raven FZ6, and the rest is history! 3 weeks in- 1,250+ miles, and I wish I had done this 20 years ago! I love this forum- lots of good info for a rookie like myself- and want to say "Hello" to everyone, and cya on the asphault! Woo-hoo! ready

J

jsteinb95

:welcome:

Wise decision; passing on the busa :eek:

Enjoy the site & ride safe!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Ready - welcome to the forum, very smart call on passing on the Busa. Your salesman sounds like a very good one too for recommending the FZ. I was looking at sport bikes too, R6 was on the list and my salesdude recommended the FZ and I've been super happy!

Hey Texas ridders - we need to do a get together. Maybe meet in Killeen and ride the hills there? I think we'd have a pretty good sized herd.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

jetfz'r

Reaction score
Visit site
With the rising cost of gas, I felt it prudent to get a bike. I first looked at and rode a Hayabusa- which I screamed and ran from! Not a good starter bike for me... While I have ridden dirt bikes, street bikes, atv's and anything else on wheels for my entire life, it seemed too intense for a guy's 1st commuter bike! I wandered into my local Yamaha dealer and asked to see an R6. He asked me how far a commute to work. I responded 41 miles one way! He showed me my 08 Raven FZ6, and the rest is history! 3 weeks in- 1,250+ miles, and I wish I had done this 20 years ago! I love this forum- lots of good info for a rookie like myself- and want to say "Hello" to everyone, and cya on the asphault! Woo-hoo! ready

Where in North Texas are you? I live 60 miles south of Wichita Falls. PM me if you are close and would like to ride. Welcome to the sight!

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from Houston. Glad you made a wise decision. I've only missed like 3 or 4 days commuting to work this year. It's nice when you can use less than 4 gallons of gas to go to work for the whole week. I go 40 miles round trip.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: You will enjoy the FZ and the site. I havent figured out what one is better yet

Hey Texas ridders - we need to do a get together. Maybe meet in Killeen and ride the hills there? I think we'd have a pretty good sized herd.

Thats a great idea. I will be back in Ft Hood (killeen) spring '09 look forward to riding with the texans

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your bike!
Post pics of your new ride as soon as ya got some :D

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, another from Houston. You have some nice areas to ride. Especially hwy 4 down to Santo.

I wish I had a bike when I lived in Miserable Wells.

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site

Pete,

You still have my number? Give me a call some time. If you give me enough lead time, I'm sure we can do a ride.

Don't forget Bike Night at Boston's Pizza in Killeen the first Tuesday of every month. I've only been to the June one, but that one was awesome!

John

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for all the replies! I live 30 miles North of Dallas, and we need a Texas ride! Haven't figured out PM's yet, but will... Will also post pics here and update mod info soon... Thank you again, ready

T

The afterburner

With the rising COST OF GASIf it makes you feel better, here in the UK, a litre of diesel now cost about £1.40p. This means my Mitsibushi L200 costs £83.00 to fill up, which with the dollar at about $1.99 to the pound, means a tank full would be $165.48. This lasts about 300 miles..........are you feeling better now;)

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
With the rising COST OF GASIf it makes you feel better, here in the UK, a litre of diesel now cost about £1.40p. This means my Mitsibushi L200 costs £83.00 to fill up, which with the dollar at about $1.99 to the pound, means a tank full would be $165.48. This lasts about 300 miles..........are you feeling better now;)

I go to Scotland every couple of years. I rent a car when I go. Makes me really appreciate the price of gas here in the states.

MoeRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Azle here,which reminds me I saw a guy on an FZ the other day here when I was out running.I forget how quiet they are with stock exhaust.