How to make the Two Bros exhaust more quiet

Well, I finally got my P1's and installed them for the ride yesterday. A quick test with the sound meter showed that they started at 89dBA's at idle but as the bike warmed up, it dropped to 83dBA.

These are the ones to go with if you want a quieter idle but I'm sure once you climb to 8k RPM, they'll start producing some noise. That's okay for me as for the 182+ miles on the highway for me was no problem.

Incidently, I've noticed that my pipes are now starting to blue near the head which I never had before the Two Bro installation. I suspect the TB's are causing the engine to run hotter? I don't see it on the coolant temp reading. Odd. :confused:

watermark.php

Well, I finally got my P1's and installed them for the ride yesterday. A quick test with the sound meter showed that they started at 89dBA's at idle but as the bike warmed up, it dropped to 83dBA.

These are the ones to go with if you want a quieter idle but I'm sure once you climb to 8k RPM, they'll start producing some noise. That's okay for me as for the 182+ miles on the highway for me was no problem.

Incidently, I've noticed that my pipes are now starting to blue near the head which I never had before the Two Bro installation. I suspect the TB's are causing the engine to run hotter? I don't see it on the coolant temp reading. Odd. :confused:

watermark.php

That could be coincidental. Mine were bluish before my 2Bros and haven't gotten noticeably more blue after the install. I didn't do the silencers on my pipes, I got them to be loud. That's what ear plugs are for anyway. I like the look of them in there though. So you dropped how many decibels with them? All you told us was the choke idle versus regular idle, not before and after decibels.

When you buy Two Brothers or D&D pipes, you are gonna get loud for free. That is one of the things that those of us, I prefer D&D, get them for. HP gains are the biggest reason I get D&D. But I like for cagers to hear me coming. They cant seem to see me enough for me to be comfortable...:Flip: em...Just remember, "Loud Pipes Save Lives".

Back