how to get clip out?

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know how to get these clips out of the headlight socket? Do I need a special tool or can I pull it out using needlenose pliers? I tried pulling one out by hand, but it wouldn't budge. Any suggestions appreciated.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
There are little locking tabs on these types of electical connectors. I believe for this one, it is in the middle. You need to use a small flat blade screwdriver and push it in from the FRONT (where it plugs into the light). The locking tab needs to be pushed down while you pull the connector out the backside.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still can't figure it out. Why is it always the small silly things that cause tr most problems? :)

any photo reference that migh help me figure it out? I just out a bullet connector on my bd43 harness so this isn't as important but would still like to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Scorpio

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I still can't figure it out. Why is it always the small silly things that cause tr most problems? :)

any photo reference that migh help me figure it out? I just out a bullet connector on my bd43 harness so this isn't as important but would still like to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Scorpio

There is a little slot you can put a tiny screwdriver or even a nail in the front of the black plastic connector. It's not the side that the actual clip goes into. I slid a tiny nail into the slot and had to push with some force while pulling on the wire/clip. I'm at work now, but will try to post a pic later when I get home.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks bush.

I tried last night with a paperclip but couldn't get enough force. I also couldn't see anything that resembled a tab or release with in idividual spots.

If you get a chance to post up a pic, I'd appreciate it, but no worries.

Scorpio

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks bush.

I tried last night with a paperclip but couldn't get enough force. I also couldn't see anything that resembled a tab or release with in idividual spots.

If you get a chance to post up a pic, I'd appreciate it, but no worries.

Scorpio

I used a pair of vicegrips to lock onto the nail I was using. It does take a little force to push that pin up. I think I'll have time this afternoon to post a pic.

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple of pics.
If you look at the bottom slot of the headlight plug, you can see the little channel on the top of the slot. You want to insert the small screwdriver or nail here at push on the tab inside while pulling the wire out the otherside.

The second pic is just of the pin showing the tab.
I'm no photog, sorry the pics aren't the best. Hope this helps. :D