How much to replace head bearings?

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I need to have my head bearings replaced so I took a look at the how to sections and quickly determined that this job is too much for me. So does anyone know about how much it should cost for me to get this done? I would like to have a good idea before I take to a bike shop.

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
wow no one has any reply to this??? Maybe this is easier than I thought and no one takes their bike in to have it done.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Depends on labor costs. The biggest percentage of the bill will be labor. I think new bearings are under 100 bucks. Call a local shop n get n estimate

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Going to try and do these myself soon. I'll let you know how it goes. I think it cost me 50 bucks for the bearings from all balls bearings.

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
Depends on labor costs. The biggest percentage of the bill will be labor. I think new bearings are under 100 bucks. Call a local shop n get n estimate

I am going to call a local shop just want an idea of how much it should be first. I dont want the guy to be like $1000 bucks and I'm like ok to find to out it should really only be 200 bucks.

But thanks for your help guys

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When you do have them replace be sure to use All Balls brand and not the terrible OEM bearings.

They are really not that hard to do yourself. The only thing you'll need help with is pressing the lower race off/on. Other than that is it pretty simple.

All Balls All Balls Racing

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When you do have them replace be sure to use All Balls brand and not the terrible OEM bearings.

They are really not that hard to do yourself. The only thing you'll need help with is pressing the lower race off/on. Other than that is it pretty simple.

All Balls All Balls Racing

Getting the bearing cases/ race off, is a PITA!

:(