How do you fill up with fuel?

• Total voters

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again, it's all about the utilization of space. Why should one motorcycle take up an entire area where a car could be occupying that area, especially if car or truck will be purchasing 4 or 5 times more worth of fuel. It's no different than the logic of filtering or providing motorcycle parking. Dedicating and modifying one island or creating an area just for motorcycles will actually increase the station's capacity as long as the bikes fuel up where they should. Wherever there is a group ride involved, this would really pay off. If I were a station owner, a little advertisement along the highway, showing a picture of the pumps, informing it's a motorcycle friendly station may get all the business. The negative side, many of the popular areas that attract motorcycles could be seasonal. So you would have dead space during the winter. But during the peak season, there are often times the stations are sobusy, many vehicles must wait to enter the station, and many of the congestion are caused from a group of motorcyclist. Regarding the poll, I guess you got your answer from this picture.

P1000686.jpg

Last edited:

catzo

Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you pull your bike up so the pump is on your right? You get off the bike on the left, so you pull up so the pump is on your left.

I don't think ive ever seen a bike pull up with the pump on the right side before.

Unless youre just going to stay on the bike i guess

Last edited:

Plymothian

Reaction score
Visit site
In the UK we've just been told by one of the major chains that you're not allowed to fill up whilst on the bike - not sure if any laws have changed but they said it was a national "rule". I usually get off anyway, put on the centre stand and fill up from whichever side the pump is on, doesn't bother me.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
In the UK we've just been told by one of the major chains that you're not allowed to fill up whilst on the bike - not sure if any laws have changed but they said it was a national "rule". I usually get off anyway, put on the centre stand and fill up from whichever side the pump is on, doesn't bother me.
There's a lot of these petrol station managers coming out with "national rules" and "company policy". TBH, it's all rubbish. Just one or two mini Hitlers throwing a spanner in the works.

Then there's the usual Facebook uproar, about boycotting certain stations, etc. But bikes are such a small consumer it's pointless.

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
My Tundra has the filler on the left so I automatically roll my bike up to the pump the same way. Only difference is I stay seated the whole time on the bike LOL.