How do protect ur camera when riding?

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While flicking through the forum, I see pictures are a big deal for a lot of u and based on the standard a lot of sldr models used. I worry about taking the camera out in a standard camera bag.I am looking for back pack type with good protection for the lenses . What kind of camera bag do you use?

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
I use a Tamrac Adventure 7 backpack. It gives me plenty of room for the camera, lens, flash and personal stuff. I also have the Adventure 6 but it is too small - unless you have just the camera/single lens setup.

My camera gear is heavy. Nikon D50, Sigma 70-300 and 28-55mm with Nikon SB-400 flash. Adding the must have riding gear and you will do a workout. There are many compact cameras that will take excellent photos but I feel none will beat the SLR. Depending on where I ride I try to always have one or the other with me.

With the compact camera I just use my standard JanSport school bag. In regards to a school backpack, I would suggest limiting the amount of compartments on the bag. The more compartments you have the less space you will have to stuff other things like your ride gear.

D

Deleted member 2349

I just use my cell phone...3.2Mp only good in daytime. But then again, havn't tried it at night.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont have any other lenses at this point, only a 28-135 that came with the body. But I just place mine with the sun hood on in my smaller tail bag or in my tank bag. I normally pack Long sleeve shirt incase it gets chilly. So I usually place that along the sides of the lense or something. Havent had a problem with that.

-bryan

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I use the Nikon D80, and usually bring 2 or 3 extra lenses, charger, extra batteries, memory cards etc.
I pack it in a "normal" padded square camera bag (It's called Point Proffesional), and then put that bag inside a Targus Laptop backpack. The Targus is extra padded too, and the combination of the two bags gives me a waterproof well padded solution.

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a Panasonic LX3 and that goes straight into the tank bag (in its padded case) :thumbup: I find it takes the majority of shots very well so don't have to worry about packing a DSLR (wide angle is nice for those scenic shots, but do miss a decent zoom), can use the free space for more.. food?

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I think i might go for the KATA 103 , also takes a laptop handy when taking the bike to work . Hope it wont break my back:rolleyes:

Kata 103 Camera and Laptop Backpack :: Wetpixel.com

Thats looks awesome!
Looks like I would protect all parts to perfection! Great find.

700023.jpg

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
The 103 should accommodate a 15" (At least they claim so :) )

The R101 claims a 12" laptop, and my 12.1" Toshiba is a snug fit so should be OK.

Kata make bags for police and army purposes, and the versions for the public are no less robust. The zip quality is amazing and the padding is very good, pretty sure any camera inside would fair better than the rider in a crash.

The bags need to be used a bit before they free up a little, the material seems very stiff, and the zips clunky but once "run in" they are amazing pieces of kit.