how close am i to dragons tail?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so currently i am in pigeons forge Tenn... me and the wife came here for our 1 year anniversary, we spent a few days in Nashville, went to Memphis, and have our last few days here in pigeon forge (smoky mountains), im pretty sure that im close to the dragon, but not sure how close... not like we will have time to stop by, (we dont even have the bike) but just out of curiosity from someone who lives locally... are we anywhere close?

Well I am not sure how close you are.. but I wanted to congradulate you on your 1 year anniversary. :)

You are about an hour to an hour and a half away. If you wanted to go, I would recommend Saturday only if it's raining. Weekends can be a mad house up there. If you need directions or a recommend route PM me. Hope you have enjoyed your time in Tennessee. I have lived near Nashville, but I prefer the mountains of East Tennessee best.

Congrats on your one year and here's to many more!:steve:

Last edited:
Here ya go. And taking this route will take you through the Dragon and end at The Crossroads. Continue on down 129 for about a mile, and on your left you'll see the dam the locals call "Fugitive Dam", because that's where they shot the scene in "The Fugitive" where Harrison Ford jumps from the dam to escape Tommy Lee Jones.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...5.647253,-83.783112&spn=0.54459,1.234589&z=10

2 things, since you'll be in a car. Watch your speed...the speed limit on the Dragon is 30 mph (and yes, there are usually cops everywhere), and STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE DOUBLE YELLOW LINE, please. Nothing's worse than rounding a corner on your bike, only to have a car or SUV over in your lane 4 or 5 feet! LOL.

Kind of getting off topic here, but has anyone consider making the Dragon one way? Eliminate two way traffic.

They are working hard on putting in a lot more paved pull off areas. Its the only real way thru that area so it has to stay two way.

Back