How accurate are those police mph things on bikes??

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been driving by one the last few days and i notice every time that my fz6 mph reading is always 4 mph higher then theirs.

Is it in accurate? Or do i have a sprocket upgrade i dont know about?

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neither. Your speedo will always read a little higher. Usually between 7-10% from what I've seen. Mine is around 8% higher.

You can get a Speedohealer or other device to correct this from the factory but I just have learned to subtract about 10% if I need to be careful of speed.

Scorpio

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RedsReboot

Reaction score
Visit site
You can get a Speedohealer or other device to correct this from the factory but I just have learned to subtract about 10% if I need to be careful of speed.

I'd definitely still recommend the speedohealer if you want to get the best price should you ever sell the bike. Otherwise the inaccurate readings leave you with a speedometer that says you have more miles on your bike than you really do.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was off going past one of those in my area a while back and found that I was consistently over what it said by a couple of mph.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Well thats actually explains a lot LOL. :spank:

No wonder cagers tail gate me and get pissed...... When i think im going the speed limit im actually under by almost 5mph :rolleyes:

I guess i shouldnt have gotten pissed at them hahaha. I will make sure i go 5 over now so im at speed limit :D

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the speedoDrd after I did the 15t sprocket change. It is so much better to know actual speed. This thing is really a pretty trick device... very small, cheaper than the speedohealer and accurate