How about this?

W

wrightme43

LOL yeah yeah yeah.

She seems like a very nice girl. Who knows? I sure dont.
She did put the date off till Sunday, they made her work today. Its all going to be ok. I will get my bike back sooner or later. Its really to hot to ride anyway. Upper 90s and lower 100s during the afternoon.

S

sportrider

sorry, just now seen this post!!!!! that sucks!!!! Intrigued to see what the problem was.

oh and about the 90-low 100s, I'm sure VEGASRIDER as well as myself would trade temps for that in a heartbeat!!! I'd say sack up but your bike is down so I'll leave it be.(lol):Flip::justkidding:

W

wrightme43

They just called. Said that is was not a warrenty issue. It was fouled out plugs. It may of been. I did not check them and verify the actual plugs in the bike were good, only that the spark system was firing.
If so its a 79$ lesson to always remember to do the simple stupid stuff first, and not go jumping to the conclusion that there is something wrong with some crazy computerised part you know nothing about.
Then again it may of been a intermitint issuse, and they did nothing and are just charging me for plugs. LOL. I doubt it though, they are good people and have been in this town since the 70s. They have a good reputation except for being high on prices, but they are local, and I bet they worked on my bike before they worked on bikes bought in nashville.
Anyway, I am going to go pick it up soon.
Feel free to point and laugh for not checking the plugs, I feel like a dumbass for not doing it myself.
Steve

W

wrightme43

Its fixed. Runs great. If your at 8000 miles or so, like the manual says its time to replace your plugs. Dont be a dumbass like me and pay 79$ and worry something is wrong with your bike.

118 mph in just a few short seconds. This thing is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sportrider

glad you got it fixed!!! now you can play catch up 8901 miles on th odometer.:Sport:

W

wrightme43

LOL Ok Danny, the bad part is that I am 82-- my aunt is coming to vist thursday, so probley wont get much riding in. Oh well, I will catch up. 700 miles or so is nothing, I ride that in my sleep. LOL J/King, I wonder who is the milage winner on here. I think that will have to be a poll

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man, I need to adjust my freeplay as well, but I'm having second thoughts now!:D I guess I'll just pick up come plugs just in case.:D

W

wrightme43

I dont think you will have the same problem. I had also started it three or four times in the garage, and started it and ran it out to the driveway to wash her, and then started to ride back in. I am thinking thats what fouled the plugs on top of them being at reccomended replacement time.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope 600 miles hasn't fouled the plugs. It does have a very large amount of free play in the throttle though. I went to the dealership today and twisted every throttle I could find, and none had as much free play as mine. i would estimate it to be 3/4 of an inch.

W

wrightme43

Under the Tech section there is a service manual to download. Read the section on fuel tank removal, airbox removal, and how to adjust freeplay, the one up at the hand grip is the last one to be adjusted. Mine has about a frogs hair of freeplay, and after moving the bars end to end no surge. I like it alot better, when riding today, even the little bit of on throttle surge that it had is gone. I do try to use the Freddie Spencer method of throttle control, but I am still a newbie. Only 16k miles riding experince. I am sure it will get better and better the more I practice.