Hooking up a Garmin Zumo 660

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well you need to install a fused power cable to the battery terminals.

One versitle option is to install a standard SAE battery tender 'pigtail' to your battery leads like so:

ring%20terminals2.JPG

This will give you a direct and fused SAE access to 12VDC for things like GPS, battery chraging, ect.

Then simply buy and plug into the SAE connector an SAE cigartte plug like this one:

PAC-024-03_p_70_webl.jpg

Now you can easily and quickly plug in your GPS power cord, cell phone/MP3 charger, etc.

My friend found both these cables on eBay being sold as a package!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well the garmin mount came with a fused power cable like that, I can hook up the little round thing, not sure how its translated to english,
but what do I connect the round thing to :confused:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Then simply unscrew the the bolts in the top of the battery and hook up the ring terminals to the correct terminal on the battery.

Red = POSITIVE (+) (under the red rubber cap - right side of the battery)
Black = NEGATIVE/GROUND (-) (black - right side of the battery)

Screw the bolts back into the battery and you are done. you can route the wiring down the insdie of the frame and out through the front of the frame.

Hope that helps

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the exact package that Boneman posted this weekend. I ran the cable off the battery up the left side of the frame, back to the under-seat storage area. Then I attached the Powerlet cigarette plug plus an SAE plug for my new battery tender jr. Zip tied everything into place and bam...clean, useful, hidden. I should've done this YEARS ago!