HJC FG-17 Helmet Review

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I was long overdue for a new helmet this past summer and I bought this exact one, love it, definitely has a feel of quality and at a price that cant be beaten

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Great, another contender! I was trying to decide between a Scorpion EXO-1100 and the Shoei Qwest Overt. I really like the high viz graphics helmets to compliment my high viz yellow vest I wear and this helmet is more than 40% cheaper than the Shoei with more features.

UPDATE: After more research on the FG-17 (and I really like the matte black with high viz graphic) I went ahead and bought one for $159 shipped from motor-cycle-gear. That's half the price I was going to spend on the Shoei and the HJC has a few features I like better (like the Pin lock and chin skirt and anti-fog shield which all cost extra on a bottom end Shoei)

Last edited:

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
this and the Fly paradigm are the best value on the market IMO. A composite shell for under $200 is damn good.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:

Got my FG-17 in yesterday!

Can't comment on the ride in it yet because we still have ice in patches on the roads but the fit and feel is top notch! Fits my round/oval head perfectly and is on the snug side per size but I hear it breaks in quickly. The locking visor is awesome and the chin vents are huge should be great for hot weather when riding with the visor locked down. The fact that it comes with the Pin Lock anti-fog removable shield is awesome, those cost like $30 to buy separately and I only paid $160 shipped for this lid! Would recommend this to anyone look at $200 range helmets.