Hit-Air Motorcycle Safety Jacket

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
500$ not a bad price I guess, and it probabally needs to be replaced after the bags inflate.

Now if we can just get people to actually wear gear at all let alone wear this.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I can imagine getting to a gas station or wherever and forgetting to unhook the thing when you dismount. BAM!:eek:

66 kilos of force required to activate it, you would feel and incredibly strong tug before it either went off or you pulled your bike over.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
500$ not a bad price I guess, and it probabally needs to be replaced after the bags inflate.

Now if we can just get people to actually wear gear at all let alone wear this.

It is completely reusable but you have to replace the gas cartridge each use.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is brilliant!

I work on Air Force ejection systems (for one more week, anyway...) and we have a similar device on pilots' vests, which inflate when they hit the water (in case the pilot's arms are broken, as is often the case after an ejection) so the pilot doesn't drown. They used to have a habit of going off unintentionally, which was rather disturbing while you're flying a jet! :eek:

Layne5150

Reaction score
Visit site
That is brilliant!

I work on Air Force ejection systems (for one more week, anyway...) and we have a similar device on pilots' vests, which inflate when they hit the water (in case the pilot's arms are broken, as is often the case after an ejection) so the pilot doesn't drown. They used to have a habit of going off unintentionally, which was rather disturbing while you're flying a jet! :eek:

After I read your post I remember people in the Navy talking about the vests they wore on the aircraft carriers and ship board helicopter landing pads. The vest had a CO2 cartridge that would react to salt water so if you went over the side and hit the water it would automaticaly inflate. The problem was if you didn't replace the CO2 cartridge at or before the specified time interval the salt in the air from the marine layer would build up in the sensor. So you could be just casually standing around or working during flight OPS and POOF!!!! The vest would inflate. I imagine it wasn't due to the salt in the air. It was probably just an open connection/air gap and any build up of foreign material would set it off over time. It could have been a bi-metal that would warp when exposed to salt. Thanks for hanging in there. As you were. Carry on.