HID Projectors H7 kit in both sides :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they are much much brighter. not to mention that having both lights lit up, this makes night riding a good bit better.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Reiobard & anyone else who has done the HID mod,

Are these primarily an aesthetic mod or are they more functional and effective than the stock headlights? I really like the way they look, but I also want some added functionality and am looking for the best headlight mod for that purpose.

LOL, Have you not bothered to read though the various HID threads around here? (guess not or else you wouldn't have asked that question...)

The difference is litterly 'night & day'! It's like having a portable sun in front of your bike! :thumbup::eek: Massive improvement over stock halogens.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rob, just curious how you did your wiring for dual low/dual high? Was it the same way I did mine or different?

I don't recall how you did yours, but i just ran a high beam wire to the low beam side (and changed the position of the low beam power to match the way an H4 harness would be set up) and then ran a low beam wire to the high beam side.

It was pretty easy as soon as i took out the stupid wiring things that they had on there to simulate it.

PDodson

Reaction score
Visit site
wow nice work man, i will definately be looking into doing some HID projectors in the near future,
I recenlty did the dual headlight mod to my 2008 FZ6 and that makes a world of difference right there, but i want to be brighter mainly because i want to be seen on the roads

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW, there is a new projector out there that mitigates this problem and has better output to boot, albeit they are also more expensive.

They are known as Morimoto Mini Bixenons and are available from The Retrofit Source. They're designed to fit into many different headlights and come with adapters specifically for H4 and H7.

I won't be using them on my bike as I already have a pair of E55 projectors and the mounting plates made up, but I think I am going to use them for a conversion on my Durango. They're smaller too so will fit in lots of smaller headlights too.

They are more expensive, but I think they are worth it if you look at the pics comparing them to the other plug-n-play projectors. They use a H1 hid kit bulb.
The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more!

HIDplanet has lots of information about them
HiDPlanet.com :: Log in

and the output is much wider than the ebay ones, known as Aftermarket G1 on HIDplanet i think

G1- Low Beam
DSC_2789h.jpg

Morimoto- Low Beam
DSC_3676h.jpg

G1- High Beam
DSC_2794h.jpg

Morimoto- High Beam
DSC_3675h.jpg