Hi all!

delboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there!

Just registered yesterday. Seems like a nice site with plenty of useful info. Already downloaded the 2006 manual. :D Got my FZ6 about 3 weeks ago, just got its first service after 1000km on Saturday. It's a restricted version 33bhp, which will last until i have my full licence 2 years which will be in June. Then it will be derestricted. However it still goes like stink. Had great fun at the weeekend going over 8000rpm now that it is broken in. These things can shift, eh! :Sport:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there!

Just registered yesterday. Seems like a nice site with plenty of useful info. Already downloaded the 2006 manual. :D Got my FZ6 about 3 weeks ago, just got its first service after 1000km on Saturday. It's a restricted version 33bhp, which will last until i have my full licence 2 years which will be in June. Then it will be derestricted. However it still goes like stink. Had great fun at the weeekend going over 8000rpm now that it is broken in. These things can shift, eh! :Sport:
Welcome mate, In restricted form how quick is it in acceleration and top end?

delboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi perry!

I'm wondering that myself because the acceleration is fantastic, though i did come from a 400cc transalp which was 11 years old Have only done 145kmph (90mph) measured by GPS on it, but it sure feels like it has a lot more to give. Supposedly you only get about 100mph or so. But for me thats plenty. ;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi perry!

I'm wondering that myself because the acceleration is fantastic, though i did come from a 400cc transalp which was 11 years old Have only done 145kmph (90mph) measured by GPS on it, but it sure feels like it has a lot more to give. Supposedly you only get about 100mph or so. But for me thats plenty. ;)
I was just curious as to how much effect it would have on the over all performance. It sounds like it still has plenty even in 33bhp mode. Just think you have got twice that to come when its de-restricted.
Take it easy ride within your limits and enjoy. What part of Ireland are you from? My wife is from the midlands co Offaly.

delboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Originally from Dublin, but live in Kikenny now. Only work 30km away, so the journey to work isn't too bad. Just a lot of **** left on the roads from farmers!
Can't wait til next june! :rockon:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome Delboy ...

Bike looks sweet mate..

I recently read an article on a 33bhp GSXR600 and the fella riding it said the performance was fantastic ... I bet you still can't wait though to let all the horses out of the paddock :)