Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

If anyone happens to see this before i leave, myself & MP are going for a ride in the morning to Strathalbyn for Breakfast!! Leaving my place at 7am, getting back home at 9am!

PM me for details...

:rockon:

If anyone happens to see this before i leave, myself & MP are going for a ride in the morning to Strathalbyn for Breakfast!! Leaving my place at 7am, getting back home at 9am!

PM me for details...

Well we went for our ride this morning...bugger all traffic, perfect riding conditions for early morning...couple of damp patches about the place...

But it was an awesome way to start the day...might have to do this more often on week days....very stealthy!!!

Sounds like a great way to start a day.
Was a tad chilly riding to work at 6am, but beautiful on the way home.

Today's weather in Adelaide is awesome...i am going for another ride, just as soon as i get back from dropping Connor home to his mum.

Last edited:
Had my first twisty ride for a month tonight.:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Awesome night for it.:cheer:

New Pilot Powers tomorrow.

Wasn't going to get up for a 7AM start though....lol...No way:eek: LMAO

Cheers
Mike

Had my first twisty ride for a month tonight.:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Awesome night for it.:cheer:

New Pilot Powers tomorrow.

Wasn't going to get up for a 7AM start though....lol...No way:eek: LMAO

Cheers
Mike

Nice to hear your getting new tyres in the morning Mikey...just in time to come for a ride at about 11am then...hey????

I am available and planning on getting out there before i have to be in the City for a meeting at 3..

Nice to hear your getting new tyres in the morning Mikey...just in time to come for a ride at about 11am then...hey????

I am available and planning on getting out there before i have to be in the City for a meeting at 3..

I'll be down getting tires at that time I reckon. Scrub in tonight on the way home:thumbup:.

I'll be down getting tires at that time I reckon. Scrub in tonight on the way home:thumbup:.

No stress, i slept in anyway, just gonna go for a quick blat this arvo now, before i have to go to my weekly "endurance test"...i mean Tuesday afternoon weekly meetings!

:eek:

Well...riding the bike today was just awesome....the weather was just perfect....managed to squeeze in a couple of laps of Eagle on the Hill, and Belair road, late this arvo...before picking up my Lil one...

Bike feels so much better right now...loving the Conti's, loving a straight front end....

It's getting awfully close to a call to arms for another group ride boys...weather is good, footy has finished, time to get ourselves organised....

any suggestions???

Well...riding the bike today was just awesome....the weather was just perfect....managed to squeeze in a couple of laps of Eagle on the Hill, and Belair road, late this arvo...before picking up my Lil one...

Bike feels so much better right now...loving the Conti's, loving a straight front end....

It's getting awfully close to a call to arms for another group ride boys...weather is good, footy has finished, time to get ourselves organised....

any suggestions???

2009 Open Events Calendar

Hillclimb in Oct.

Cafe interclub at mallala this weekend.

ETC.

I'm up for just about anything as you know...lol.:D

Cheers
Mike

Got my new tires today for the ZR7 and don't it make a difference:thumbup:.

All scrubbed in tonight in about ten minutes and then set about finding which bits were going to scrape the ground first through corners...lol.:rockon:

mikey never found out your scrub in secret???????

You have to do one wheel at a time:eek::rockon::rockon::D.

Seriously though. Instead of trying to get your knee down. Slide towards the high side and get the bike over further. This allows you to get enormous amounts of lean angle with barely any lateral forces testing your new tires for grip before they're ready. I do just enough to get the shine off the tire all the way to the edge and then ride it like I stole it:rockon::rockon::D.

Cheers
Mike

You have to do one wheel at a time:eek::rockon::rockon::D.

Seriously though. Instead of trying to get your knee down. Slide towards the high side and get the bike over further. This allows you to get enormous amounts of lean angle with barely any lateral forces testing your new tires for grip before they're ready. I do just enough to get the shine off the tire all the way to the edge and then ride it like I stole it:rockon::rockon::D.

Cheers
Mike

Yes he does ride it like he stole it...heard the lil bugger coming from about 2km's away last night!

No more stealthy stealthy for you with this Bike, Mikey! :eek:

Yes he does ride it like he stole it...heard the lil bugger coming from about 2km's away last night!

No more stealthy stealthy for you with this Bike, Mikey! :eek:

LOL....yeah, I know:(. I used to do a slow cruise through first after work at night, to make sure the coast was clear, and with stock pipes at 4,000rpm I went largely unnoticed. Now.....:eek:. Of course I was going pretty hard when you heard me coming...lol. I'm having to control my downchange blip a little now too...lol.

Sounds nice though:rockon:...lol.

LOL....yeah, I know:(. I used to do a slow cruise through first after work at night, to make sure the coast was clear, and with stock pipes at 4,000rpm I went largely unnoticed. Now.....:eek:. Of course I was going pretty hard when you heard me coming...lol. I'm having to control my downchange blip a little now too...lol.

Sounds nice though:rockon:...lol.

Lol....you sound like me....dont worry, you will hold back on the downshift blip for about a day...then you will realise that you like it too much, and do it anyway!!!

Welcome to the land of the paranoid....the land of bikes with loud pipes!

:D

It just so happens that I've got Friday off:cheer:. It also just so happens that I've got new tires on my loaner. It further just so happens that I wanna go for a ride...lol.:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Anyone keen, morning noon or night? Not too early though...lol.

I was thinking Strath for a midday meal kinda thing. (I'm in real need of a pub cooked schnitty, fairly wasting away).:D

Cheers
Mike

It just so happens that I've got Friday off:cheer:. It also just so happens that I've got new tires on my loaner. It further just so happens that I wanna go for a ride...lol.:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Anyone keen, morning noon or night? Not too early though...lol.

I was thinking Strath for a midday meal kinda thing. (I'm in real need of a pub cooked schnitty, fairly wasting away).:D

Cheers
Mike

I have Connor during the day on Friday...BUT...if MP is about..which is highly likely, i reckon we are on!!!! MP likes hanging with Connor!, i like riding with Mike!

Will ask the question tomorrow...when we awake from our slumber!

I have Connor during the day on Friday...BUT...if MP is about..which is highly likely, i reckon we are on!!!! MP likes hanging with Connor!, i like riding with Mike!

Will ask the question tomorrow...when we awake from our slumber!

Cool-oh! Hope she can. She'll be right at the top of my "Don't mess 'em around by sending them a xmas card, but buy them a beer" list...lol.

Be warned though. You may have a little trouble keeping up.....this thing is an absolute rocket....lol...:rolleyes:.:D

Cool-oh! Hope she can. She'll be right at the top of my "Don't mess 'em around by sending them a xmas card, but buy them a beer" list...lol.

Be warned though. You may have a little trouble keeping up.....this thing is an absolute rocket....lol...:rolleyes:.:D

Lol! MP would gladly take the beer over a crappy card anyday!

Yes, i will make sure i have my "go fast" suit on for this one....if i can find it first!

:eek:

Back