Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

You're the expert here, tell me where, and I'll meet you... Like I said, only a short run, but if I meet you near the hills somewhere, it'll all be fun.
Thinking about it, could probably make it 6pm, as long as the traffic's not too bad out there at that time???

:)

A good day on the bike.
Birdwood was only the half way mark. Spent 2 hrs there talking with the others.
Then spent 2 1/2 hrs riding the awesome twisty roads. Just amazing.
Ozzieboy with those corners as your play ground I understand why you would hate straight roads.
We left Mildura at 6am, went via Ouyen, Pinnaroo, Murray Bridge and Birdwood.
2 hrs for lunch and meeting people.
twisties,twisties,twisties,twisties,twisties, you get the picture
Angaston, Swan Reach, Loxton and back home 8:30pm.
902km for the day.
A great days riding.
The corner carvers amongst us may not understand the long distance stuff, but living out here its just part of it all.

902km for the day.
Glad you got to meet up with some of the the Adelaide guy's they sure do have some wicked rides........ Really hope to meet up with them for a ride one day myself ........ 902 k's for the day is an iron ar$e effort and a half ..... I thought my 694 k's in one day was more than enough but that is just extreme......

Ooooh i like long Butt busting rides.....Adelaide to Melbourne in 7 hours, and back the next day....:Flash: Riding around Europe....14 hour days in the saddle.....:Flash:

Whack all those pic's into an album like i did Wolf :thumbup: , i forgot to tell people that i'd finished my museum ablum :spank: but its there to look at all the same :D..... On the next trip i do there i'll get the history behind the bikes and match em all up :thumbup:

I wish i could, all my albums are full...have used my full quota of 100 pics, so i guess i will have to delete some.....:(

:thumbup:

Ooooh i like long Butt busting rides.....Adelaide to Melbourne in 7 hours, and back the next day....:Flash: Riding around Europe....14 hour days in the saddle.....:Flash:

I wish i could, all my albums are full...have used my full quota of 100 pics, so i guess i will have to delete some.....:(

I love a long one to but 902k's is the same as here to my old girls house in Sydney , in one day....Mmmmmm yeah i guess that aint to bad with my sheepskin seatcover on :D , 2 days to Adelaide should do it then :thumbup:

Yeah i noticed when i put my pic's in the album we had a limit :( otherwise i'd have a whole heap more :D

A mid week ride:cheer:. I'll be up for that. 6pm, 7pm. I'm easy...lol.:thumbup:. Just tell me where and when and I'll get there.

Going for a ride tonight. Just for some piccies but I'm sure there'll be some twistys in there somewhere.

Going to find a chache too. Any takers?
Cheers
Mike

A mid week ride:cheer:. I'll be up for that. 6pm, 7pm. I'm easy...lol.:thumbup:. Just tell me where and when and I'll get there.

Going for a ride tonight. Just for some piccies but I'm sure there'll be some twistys in there somewhere.

Going to find a chache too. Any takers?
Cheers
Mike

I'm in, but you already know that, i just answered your text.....Twisties.....Never.....:spank::rockon:

The night Riding folk did just get back from a hoot about town:rockon:. Stopped for midnighters at a North Adelaide bakery (yummo):cheer: and got lots of pics for the motorcycle voyeurs among us:eek::thumbup:.

The art of night photography is a challenging one but we are learning a few tricks...lol...slowly:spank::spank::D.

Anyhow, here are some of mine.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• PC080014.jpg
    PC080014.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 20
  • PC080031.jpg
    PC080031.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 20
Lol.....Here's some pic's from tonight's little (k)night ride!

My steed in front of the "Lights Vision statue on Montefiore Hill
View attachment 10930

Dunno who this clown is...found him lurking around a Christmas tree...posing for photo's.....
View attachment 10931

My bike with the biggest set of Balls in Adelaide!!!!
View attachment 10932

Was a nice ride, got stalked by the cops, got ignored by the cops....stopped for food, rode the twisties.....:D:D:D

The stalking policeman was driving very very very slowly:eek: (you could only spot him moving on time lapse photography:D..lol.), which was a good thing, as he wasn't paying a lot of attention to where he was going:spank::spank:. I think he burned a hole through my Draggin Jeans by staring though...lol.

Being ignored was nice though. I'm 37, I've been to war in the service of my country and never really been in any trouble except speeding fines. You think I'd have to get the benefit of the doubt some time. Yay for being ignored:steve:.

Ah yes. The twistys....lol....how did they get in there?:spank::spank::D

The stalking policeman was driving very very very slowly:eek: (you could only spot him moving on time lapse photography:D..lol.), which was a good thing, as he wasn't paying a lot of attention to where he was going:spank::spank:. I think he burned a hole through my Draggin Jeans by staring though...lol.

Being ignored was nice though. I'm 37, I've been to war in the service of my country and never really been in any trouble except speeding fines. You think I'd have to get the benefit of the doubt some time. Yay for being ignored:steve:.

Ah yes. The twistys....lol....how did they get in there?

Really enjoyed the second run up Eagle's, tyres were well warm, bike was sticking to the road like poop to a blanket.....not another soul in site either...thanyou Mr Highways department for building such a nice road...then promptly building a bigger, shorter one close by, so us bike riders can have the twisty road to ourselves...awesome planning!

:rockon::spank::thumbup::cheer::ban:

What's with the F&%$# weather. So hot yesterday, didn't bother checking the weather map, bucketed down half an hour before leaving work to come home, on a brand new front tyre.... At least I wasn't going to fall off the bike, my a$$ was so puckered, suction would have held me there if the bike had gone down :rof:

Not in a hurry to do that again, I'll check the weather when I get up and make a decision about the ride tonight... sorry guys.

What's with the F&%$# weather. So hot yesterday, didn't bother checking the weather map, bucketed down half an hour before leaving work to come home, on a brand new front tyre.... At least I wasn't going to fall off the bike, my a$$ was so puckered, suction would have held me there if the bike had gone down :rof:

Not in a hurry to do that again, I'll check the weather when I get up and make a decision about the ride tonight... sorry guys.

Yes it started raining as we were making our way home last night...sorta came out of nowhere.....is gloomy as, outside today, lets hope it clears in the arvo...will check back in at about 5pm, to see whether you are still riding or not....

Mate, I'd give it a go. At worst you'll have to slow down for the ride home if it comes in wet. Best off if you set the pace for the ride too I reckon. Don't want to see you try to keep up on a new tire if we go a little quick for it.
Also means you have us behind you as a buffer to keep any potential tailgaters at bay, so no pressure. I've run my last 2 tires in in moist conditions...lol....beggars can't be choosers. The part of the tire you'll be using if it rains should already be scrubbed in after riding yesterday.

But don't let me pressure you, at all.....these are just my thoughts:thumbup:.

If it does come in really nasty we could try Old Willunga hill road tomorrow if it clears up. Half hour...tire scrubbed in. Last lap, fast lap....lol.
Cheers
Mike

Yeah, looks ok to me. Although... As you go up hills, ground gets closer to clouds... Low clouds means more likely-hood of rain... Is that correct???

Umm, have you seen the weather forecast, showers predicted for the rest of the week, think today is the best shot???

OK... I'll be there. Gunna go a little early and grab some dinner...lol

Back