Help!

Drewfus

Reaction score
Visit site
Im hoping one or some of you guys can shed some light
on a problem im having with my 04 fazer. Whilst on a rideout last night the engine warning light came on, i pulled over to the roadside and when the bike was ticking over the light went out, the bike was running ok so headed home but every time the engine revved much over 3 or 4 thousand revs the light came back on. The bike was due a service so i ve replaced all the filters and the bikes running fine but the light still comes on when i rev the engine. Does anyone have any ideas or had a similar problem. Its the first time anythings went wrong with the bike, its been bulletproof till now.
Thanks very much.

S

Shamus McFeeley

Perhaps it's something RPM related due to vibration? Are you seeing any error codes?

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe a dead battery? If you have the RPMs high enough, the bike should produce enough power to keep the light (and all the other electrical components) working. When the bike idles, it relies on the battery to provide a bit of power (or so I understand), so if that's not working, I'd expect to see some things shut down.

Fastest way to shoot this idea down... try and start the bike.