Help! TCP cowl painted in Dayton oh?

thecariboumoose

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I recently acquired a black TCP seat cowl, which I am stoked about, but I need it body matched to my 2008 Cobalt Blue FZ6, so i hoped on the bike ad drove around to some collision repair shops to get some quotes:
$150
$180
$225
$300

Geepers, the thing only measures 13 x 15 ", SO i am looking for some help or advice on where to go, Im located in Dayton OH, 45459. If any of you work in an auto shop or have excess to a paint booth, im more then willing to pay, just trying to get some cheaper quotes!

Thanks guys
Ben

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
seems like the smaller the part the more $$$ it cost, I got a quote of $100 for a belly pan but they still gotta see how hard it's gonna be to match the paint, so the $300 seems very high to me.

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Good paint cost money, the time difference between painting a fender and a side of a car is really not much difference at all, the painter applies the paint then on a small item like that has to wait for the paint to flash off to put the next layer on, so the painter and his booth can be tied up for 2 hours on a little item like that. Minimum paint quantities to mix up also. The real reason larger stuff cost more is not the painting it's the prep and post polishing.