help please

Lost-Londoner

Reaction score
Visit site
ive had my fz6 a little over a month and twice now ive been riding along happily when it just dies. then it wont restart as if battery flat. with a bump or jump start it works again for a matter of minutes before the engine managment light comes on and the same thing happens. also i get an error 46 code on my dials. new battery fitted last week and the garage assured me this was sorted. obviously not! any ideas appreciated.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The safety kill switch on the right side of the handle bar in a known weak point.

With the bike idleing (in neutral), manipulate the switch and see if you can duplicate the condition (stalling). You can bypass the switch by following the two wires down and jumping them together as well..

Please post your results and good luck.

From the tech section:

Fault Code: 46
Diagnostic Code: --
Symptom: Power supply to the FI system is not normal.
Probable cause of malfunction:
Malfunction in "CHARGING SYSTEM".

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
When I 1st got my bike it was doing something very similar. In my case my neg wire had come loose on the battery and would loose contact intermittently.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Missed that part so yeah that would be a long shot, unless the wire itself is damaged further down the line from the battery (even longer shot$