Help Me With My Decision on Used FZ-6

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to be this guy, but: is the climate of Southern IL suited to not having some form of enclosed vehicle during the winter months?

If you're strictly looking for cheap transportation with good mileage, I'd go for a used Civic or Corola or something like that. Sorry, not the answer you're looking for I realize.

Good luck!

ilinimud

Reaction score
Visit site
Its okay to be that guy.LOL. The climate of Southern IL is insane. One day it could be like living in Southern Lousiana, and the next Canada. I woudl say on average there are about 7 good riding months in a year. Gas mileage isnt the only reason i want one, but it is the one i am selling to my wife! LOL

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
In your case, probably the only FZ6 better than the one you're looking at is the one that your wife would probably like to have.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
When you get to test ride it, find a straight level piece of road and get her up to 50 or so, then let go the bars. If she wobbles or veers off to one side, pass it up, something is not right. A very gentle curve in the path may just be misaligned rear wheel. You'll know the second you let go how bad its going to be.
I'd be inclined to keep looking tho.