Help, I'm turning into a Motorcyclist....

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
When I first got into bikes back in the early 80's there were two types of people who rode bikes, "Bikers" & "Motorcyclists".
"Bikers" wore leathers & jeans, listened to loud music, drank too much and stripped their bikes of all the useless crap and added go-faster bits.:rockon:
"Motorcyclists" wore textile jackets & leggins (and sometimes Derri boots!!) fitted top boxes, went touring and drank tea.
At the time I considered myself a "Biker"
I've had my Fz6 for about 3 weeks now after trading it in for my VFR800 and so far I've added a Fender Extender, Centre stand and mirror extensions.
Jeez, I suddenly realised I've become sensible! :eek: :eek:
Maybe it's time for one more act of gross stupidity before it's too late.....:rolleyes:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you extend your mirrors? Not sure I've ever heard of anyone doing that. Was this the stock mirror mounted to the fairing? How do you like it? The stock set is tolerable as far as visibility, but could be better. I'm sure it is with extensers.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doctor Lone prescribes 500mg of Wheelie. Take two and if you're not better by morning, take another two.

Just be sure not to consume alcohol with this medication, as it may have undesireable effects on your health. Also, too much Wheelie could cause fatigue, so operating heavy machinery after taking Wheelie is not recommended. Do not mix Wheelie with other medications (such as Mindless Aggression) or you may notice ill-effects. Always use Wheelie in moderation and preferably with medical staff nearby.

Finally, if you experience an erection lasting longer than 4 hours after taking Wheelie, see a physician immediately.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How did you extend your mirrors? Not sure I've ever heard of anyone doing that. Was this the stock mirror mounted to the fairing? How do you like it? The stock set is tolerable as far as visibility, but could be better. I'm sure it is with extensers.

His bike is naked. Extenders are easy to get on ebay.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic, but why did you trade in your vfr for this bike? Older model? Thats the bike i want to step up to from this if i get an itch. Just curious.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic, but why did you trade in your vfr for this bike? Older model? Thats the bike i want to step up to from this if i get an itch. Just curious.

a vfr doesnt really any huge difference in power from the fz6. they are both very similar except the vfr is a touch bulkier. thats not really a big upgrade from the fz6 at all.

my friend rides a VFR and we are always on par for power with one another when out riding at any speed. highways, traffic, sweeping corners.....when i crank the throttle and he cranks it we are always neck and neck. if anything im faster than him from a standing start but maybe thats just cuz i am more pro than he is.

:)

if u want to upgrade and stick with a nimble sport-touring kind of platform, consider some of these:

-FZ1
-K1300S
-new VFR for 2010 i have heard will be given a 1200cc engine. unconfirmed though and possibly false.
-triumph sprint ST (1000cc triple with reportedly great handling characteristics)

those would be more of an "upgrade" from the fz6 than the current VFR. (also that list is not thorough its just the ones i have been toying around and thinking of getting at some point)

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well if you were into biking in the 80s you are too bloody old now to be a biker and you have automatically been promoted to motorcyclist. So pack your sarnies and thermos and enjoy it.

Steve

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
"Well if you were into biking in the 80s you are too bloody old now to be a biker and you have automatically been promoted to motorcyclist. So pack your sarnies and thermos and enjoy it."

:rof: BAAAAAHAHAHA! :rof: Yup, you're right there!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I changed from the VFR because I have a circulation problem in my hands and I couldn't cope with the riding position. Of course, I didn't know I had the problem until I bought the bike, but *stuff* happens! :rolleyes:
And before you ask, yes I tried foam grips, risers, Heli-bars, sitting on the tank, side saddle, doing handstands, the works, nothing cured it. Shame really 'coz it was a really nice bike. I don't miss the power (it was definitely quicker!) but I do miss the fairing sometimes, especially as I had a taller screen.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my Fz6 for about 3 weeks now after trading it in for my VFR800 and so far I've added a Fender Extender, Centre stand and mirror extensions.
Jeez, I suddenly realised I've become sensible! :eek: :eek:
Maybe it's time for one more act of gross stupidity before it's too late.....:rolleyes:

Well mate, I had to say it but you have already had your silly moment. You got rid of a great bike lol.

Nelly:thumbup:

Twigs

Bad Girl
Reaction score
Visit site
"Well if you were into biking in the 80s you are too bloody old now to be a biker and you have automatically been promoted to motorcyclist. So pack your sarnies and thermos and enjoy it."

:rof: BAAAAAHAHAHA! :rof: Yup, you're right there!

:rockon: I like that :rockon:

I remember my VFR....wanders off onto memory lane....I had the first VFR750F in 1986, brand spanking new, pearlescent white....dropped her in the ASDA carpark 2 days out of the shop!!! Gutted!!! Only cosmetic damage but it used up all my no claims bonus lol

Oblisk

Reaction score
Visit site
take a look at supermoto it threw all my sensibility right out the window

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOK0SrF5JQ]YouTube - Supermoto Madness[/ame]

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
I can see where you are coming from... In summer, it does have more of a route 66 or rather Terminator feeling when you're wearing your leather jacket, jeans and dark sun glasses, hot babe on the buddy seat and your shutgun in arms reach :D However most of us are merely flesh and blood and live in places with cold and wet (British) climates so there's really no option but to wear nice and warm textile, the alternative is to become a cager :eek: No option where I live with 24h congestions on the road and not to mention parking problems. I think the people who ride all year round even in snow and ice are the real bikers, not the people who get out their chopper for a summer's day ride :D