Helmet lock

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure, you can spend $50 on a 1" extension that probably still wouldn't work or get a bike lock for $5 that is way more secure. your call. and if you have a 3/4 helmet, the thief would be doing you a favor by stealing it.

Why wouldn't the steel extension work?? Are you saying its easier to cut a 1" piece of steel rather than snipping a cable with a cable cutter??? OK...... Guess you never used a cable cutter..

Sure, put a bike lock cable on your helmet, they can CUT THAT AND HAVE A GREAT HELMET WITH A CHIN STRAP!!! :confused:

As for my 3/4, wear what you want, my $250 Shoei 3/4 suits me fine and should it get the chin stap cut and its gone, they have a helmet that doesn't function (even as crappy as a 3/4 is).. :thumbup: Grow up, jeez!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I carry one of these also, If its hot out, I run it through the sleeve of my jacket and secure it and the helmet to the bike. Cant do that with a D-ring lock. ---I take that back, Bike Bandit probably sells a $100 "extension" for your jacket. Whatever!

I'm not aware of an extension for your jacket so you may want to research that. :D

I have made my own plastic covered steel cable and secured my jacket thru the sleeves on occassion. That does NOT have a separate lock and another key I have to carry, it locks TO THE FACTORY HELMET LOCK..

BTW in post #8, I answered the original question posted by the op, he wasn't asking opinions on if he should have a helmet lock or what other are using, he wanted to re-instrall a factory lock with the same key as his ignition..

Some folks I guess don't read the threads fully, Whatever!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
guess what, if they want your amazing $250 3/4 helmet and they're carrying bolt cutters, they can easily snip your little lock too. Bye bye dorky helmet!

"some folks" have more sense than re-keying an entire lock-set so they don't have to carry 2 keys- God Forbid! I guess "some folks" have more money than sense. For everyone else there are practical alternatives.

There's no having a conversation with someone who's got no common sense, or is intoxicated (he's re-keying one lock, NOT A LOCK SET, have someone help you read the full post.

"Dorky"? You still in High School?

Besides the op got his answer on the first page of his post. What a putz....

I'm done with this thread and unsubscribed...:Flip: