Heel Plates for 04 FZ6

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anybody know of a way to bring back the heel plates from being badly scuffed to looking good again? I wonder if anybody has painted them or if the paint would just peel/flake straight away due to the amount of wear that area gets. I've seen carbon heel plate inserts but from what I can see - they are specifically for the 07' to newer models?

Cheers for any advice on this.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
hey there, well i took the painting route and it looks excellent in my oppinion :) aslong as you apply a couple of coats of paint, i used black, and a couple of layers of clear laquor oe protective coating then it should be fine, i have had mine done now for about 4 weeks and i ride everyday and not even 1 single sign of wear on mine and i even rushed the painting job so paint will deffo hold perfectly fine if done right! :)

take a look at my link

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/28745-first-time-painting-what-ya-think.html

hope this helps

Dan

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I've followed the painting route too (on the Radiator Guards too). A couple coats of primer, a few coats of paint - a couple of coats of clear to go on over the weekend. Will post up pics when I'm done.

Durability??? I'll tell you in 12 months :D

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
I painted mine and they lasted about a year until I got new boots (JR super streetbikes) which have a metal heel cup area...now they're scuffed kinda bad. If you've just got rubber/plastic boots they should last a good while.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Got the final coat done and re-installed on the bike today. Pretty happy with the result. Did the Radiator Guards as well. Looks so much better on a black framed/engined bike imo.

Durability - If no good, then I'll just by some Carbon ones or some complete new rearsets by that time.

Those drilled ones look good. Don't think it would work on the 07+ with the removable heel plates though.

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the response guys - I'll go the painting route once I've moved house and got my garage sorted. I don't suppose anyone has needed to touchup the frame of the bike? From what I've understood it powdercoated so can't be touched up particularily easily with paint, but if anyone has.. would be interested to hear how you coped with it!
Cheers

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the response guys - I'll go the painting route once I've moved house and got my garage sorted. I don't suppose anyone has needed to touchup the frame of the bike? From what I've understood it powdercoated so can't be touched up particularily easily with paint, but if anyone has.. would be interested to hear how you coped with it!
Cheers

I've always used enamel paint to touch up powdercoated bits and bobs
Just over lap the area with the enamel,goes off rock hard and seals the edges.