Heated grips - Throttle side?

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I'm going through the process of installing a heated grip kit (the kind that stick on underneath your grips) to my FZ6, and I'm just wondering what to do about the wires, specifically the throttle side... I feel like it would definitely turn with the throttle tube, and therefore would have to have a lot of slack that would stick off and might look bad. Any ideas?

Thanks!

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
You obviously need some slack for the throttle. What I did with mine is wrap the wires around the bar under the grip first so there's no stress onto the weak soldered contacts. Place the wires so they exit underneath the bar, angled towards the back. Ziptie the wires to one of the throttle cables, giving yourself enough slack and a bit more for the throttle to fully rotate, so you have a bit of a U under your grip.

Works fine, and looks reasonably clean.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
What I did when I installed my heated grips was position the pad so that the wires were pointing straight down when the throttle was closed, and almost straight forward when WOT. I left enough slack obviously so that the wire wouldn't be stressed, and haven't had any issues in over a year.

BTW: You're gonna love having heated grips. It's such a nice commodity when it's a bit too chilly for your summer gloves, but not cold enough for your winter gloves. Or if you want to ride in subzero temperatures they will keep your hands thawed.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it's more just to keep my hands warm around 40-60 degrees haha.

Don't go out under 32. (black ice and whatnot)

Thanks guys!