Headlight Question

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone using the Phillips Motovision headlight or the Sylvania Silverstar headlight, or do you use another that is better, not looking to change anything but the bulb, Thx

AutoXer

Reaction score
Visit site
I used the Silverstars until I changed the low beam to an HID on my '05 FZ6. The Silverstar offered a small but noticable improvement over regular low beam halogens, but little difference on hi beam.

jZ

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone using the Phillips Motovision headlight or the Sylvania Silverstar headlight, or do you use another that is better, not looking to change anything but the bulb, Thx

Yes, I use the Phillips Motovision headlights with the orange effects. I do see an increase in illumination. How much I can't be sure but I did notice a difference when I changed them. Also, the orange effect catches the eye (safety issue), at least I think it does. I could be wrong.

I'd love to do the HID upgrade but that's going to have to come later, maybe. It's a bit involved, and I don't have a problem seeing at night and from what I gather, most don't have a problem seeing me.

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I think I'm going to try the motovision I can get them at the local cyclegear and if I don't like them I'll return them and go with the silverstar ultra lights. I think the orange glow would be a good bet around here with so many HID lights up here if they work I should stand out a little more!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Philips X-treme power and they are awesome. Really bright, really white, not blue-looking and they have lasted 2 years now without dying. Reasonably cheap too on Ebay. I actually have spares lying around too.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I switched out my stockers for Philips BlueVision bulbs when I did bd43's mod. I noticed a great improvement over the stock bulbs at nght and I feel like I can be seen much better now too. I haven't tried any other aftermarket bulbs though.