Headlight differences 04-06 and 07-09?

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm importing my UK Fazer to France and need to change the headlight for driving on the right. I've found a bargain on ebay but need to know if there is a difference in the headlight between the pre-07 models and the 07+ upgraded fairing. I've asked the seller (a dealer) who says that an 07+ headlight won't fit a pre-07 model. Not sure if he's just saying that as he wants to back out of the offer on a price he made though!!!! :spank:

I've searched the parts list link that Nelly put up and there appears to be no difference but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm this for me? :confused:

Secondly, if there are any Europeans who have gone for the naked conversion and have a euro-spec headlight going spare let me know! (I think the shipping from the States would be a bit expensive, and not sure if they're different spec either). :D

Thanks for your help guys!

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I thought, and I reckon the dealer was trying to back track on his actually quite generous offer! For Yamaha to have upgraded the lights would have been a fairly expensive upgrade I think, whereas mods to the fairing weren't.

Anyone have any other thoughts? I have considered going naked but actually quite like my fairing ( and also can't be ar*sed with all the work :spank: )

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
simplistically you'd need to swap the H4 from the right with the H1 on the left, so that you had the dipped beam in the right and main beam in the left.

I've done the (brilliant :thumbup: ) bd43 dual dipped beam mod but have to disable it for the UK MOT as the right hand reflector kicks up the beam pattern into on coming vehicles in the UK (which would cause an MOT failure), where as the reflector on the left kick the beam up to illuminate road signs on the verge . . .

so riding on the wrong side of the road, right, in France using the right side headlight dipped beam of an H4 should work :eek: :eek:

the left side would need to be modded to take an H4 (several threads about this can be found with search) and a bit of jiggery pokery with wiring, definitely do BD43's headlight mod to power the right side dipped and then fashion a jumper back to the new modded in H4 on the left, whilst disable the high beam on the right.

and hey presto, sorted . . . . . in the words of TOP GEAR - How hard can it be . . . ?

does that make any sense . . . :confused: :confused: :confused:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I'd have to think a US reflector would also be identical to what is used in France....... I suspect that the curvature of the reflector does change with the side the low beam dip is required on. I'd be willing to bet the plastic housing (which has not changed with any model year with 2 head lamps) will bolt up either reflector.

It's probably easier to source a Headlamp housing from the US, and bolt that up into your fairing. More involved would be to split the lens off your housing and swap out the reflector. Either way, you would have to take a look at the wiring harness so you have the lit H7 on the appropriate side.